Saturday, March 22, 2008

THIS IS IT!!

The due date, that is. Yep, 40 weeks today. Feeling good here. I'm still holding at a 34-35 lb. weight gain (so weird; by the way, in the picture, looks like my belly has actually shrunk to me...it must just the black though). Nothing new though.

Thankfully I still haven't felt impatient or anxious. Others feel that way. :) Kind of like in college when I had a 30-page paper due and the day before I started working on it. Everyone in my class was SO freaking out...except me. I knew it would get done. :) Ahh, memories.

Anyway, for me it was going to be a great surprise if it happened before my due date, but it would've really and truly been a surprise. So, here we are at the point where it will no longer be a surprise.

Even though you can say "any day now" at the 37 week point, realistically, 40 weeks is when you can say that for me. And, since it's something like only 10% of babies that are born on their actual due dates, let's go ahead and count today out. :) So, we're looking at anytime this week I guess, starting tomorrow. :) If I get around to next Saturday and still no baby...then I might be getting a little impatient. :)

So, we are just enjoying ourselves around here. Since we are thinking we might have a break after this little one also, who knows when I will feel a baby kicking around inside of me again? So, I'm just soaking that up too...relaxing and getting ready for the birth. It's been really good to have this down time.

Joel was off yesterday of course...very relaxing day. Today will probably be the same...just relaxing at home. Hope you enjoy your Easter weekend too. (P.S. The kids decided they needed to have some balloon bellies and take some pictures with me. Eissa was napping, otherwise I'm sure she would've participated too.)

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute! I remember putting a pretend belly under my shirt and my kids love doing to too.

I'm glad you guys are soaking up the time you carry a baby, since you will probably get a long break from carrying them. That's a great way to look at it.

About the wipes, when I read your post with the recipe you use a long time ago, I thought it was great, but I thought it would be an expensive investment at first to get all the ingredients. In the long run, I'm sure it's cheaper, but you have to have it in your budget to invest in things at the beginning. Like with the washable diapers you guys are going to do. I know you'll save tons of money. I've seen your research on how much you'll save. But, we could never afford to do the initial investment in something like that. So, what I'm saying, is if you knew how much we'd be investing in the wipes ingredients and we could afford it after all, I'd love to do it. Most of the wipes out there aren't moisturizing enough for our babies' butts.

Send me the link to that recipe, or give me the date in which you wrote it. I'll take a look again. And, if you know how much some of those things are and where to find them (Baytown has none of the specialty stores that carry those things, I'm thinking.), we'll seriously look into doing homemade wipes.

Thanks for the tip!!

Michawn said...

Amanda,

Here is the link to the wipes post. http://michawn.blogspot.com/2007/09/wipes.html

The only ingredients other than olive oil, water, and baby soap/shampoo are tea tree oil and lavendar oil. They even carry those things SOMETIMES in regular groc. stores or Wal-Mart...not always though. Anyway, the ones we have right now are 4 oz. bottles. One was $13.19 and the other one was $11.97. Since you only put a few drops at a time, they last a LONG time. We still have about 1/4 of a bottle left in these and they are about a year and a half old I. So, that's the only initial cost...then you just make sure you have the olive oil, baby soap/shampoo, and paper towels on hand. Oh, you need a container too, but chances are you might already have a perfect container in your kitchen (we did when we started). Also, if you prefer not to use the tea tree oil and/or lavendar oil, there are gobs of other recipes online that don't include those...some only have things like olive oil, baby shampoo, water, baby oil, etc....all pretty common items. But, there's the skinny on the wipes.

One other thing...as far as the cloth diapers you mentioned...there are tons of other cloth diapers that are MUCH much cheaper than the ones that we got. Just depends on what you are interested in and if it's truly worth it for you and your lifestyle in the end. If that is something that you really are intersted in though, there really are some available with basically no initial up front costs. You should ask Leah about it...she's done some great research.

Have a GREAT Easter!!

Stephanie said...

so my question is: who painted your toe nails? I know you didn't! :) You look super cute!

Michawn said...

Believe it or not, moi painted the toenails. That would've never been possible in my first pregnancy. :) Those good Bradley stretches sure do help with limberness (probably not an actual word, right?).

Amanda said...

Okay. I'll try the wipes, and I'll use those oils if I can find them. If not, I'll just use what I can find. I googled other recipes and there are lots out there like you said. I would love to save a buck or two, but mostly I need something that will not destroy my baby's skin. I'll have to wait until next month to start doing this, but I look forward to it!

Happy Easter to you too and thanks!
Amanda

Leah said...

I just used shea butter baby wash for my wipes. Just made them about 30 minutes ago, too! I'm still waiting on them to soak up all the fluid.

A note to those looking for cloth diapers, check out www.babybestbuy.com. A twelve pack of cloth diapers are only $30. That doesn't include the waterproof covers, but you can buy those separately, and they don't have to be changed as frequently as the diapers do.

js said...

So cool! Can't waut.

Anonymous said...

You look so cute pregnant! Fun pic of you at the kids at 40 weeks! :) I totally felt the same way with AG....I enjoyed that pregnancy and wasn't in a hurry even at the end! It was so much easier that way! My first go around...I was stinkin' impatient and a little nutty with all the ways I tried to induce labor! :) The 2nd go around I just knew I wanted God to pick the birth date! :) One of the many really cool things with AG's pregnancy I told God and Piper before I went to sleep the night I went into labor (not knowing that my water was going to break that night) that I felt prepared and ready to birth (mentally and physicaly) but I wanted God to pick the b-day so I would choose at the point on to be patient and trust! That birth was so different than with C-man. Anyways, I think you've had it right with each pregnancy...wish I had figured it out the first go around...but, so thankful God gave me a different attitude and heart with the 2nd pregnancy! Enjoy this last week or so...its such a cool gift you'll soon be getting! :) You'll be in my prayers this week! Can't wait to hear about this new little one and your birthing process! :)

~ Ali

~ Ali