Monday, March 24, 2008

A Pot of Water

That's what I am. You know, the kind you watch and wait and watch some more and it just NEVER STARTS TO BOIL. :) The good thing is that truthfully, it does start to boil. It's good to know that there are things that you can definitely count on. A pot of water on heat will eventually boil...it's just a fact. A pregnant girl...she will eventually deliver that baby. ;)

Five years ago on Easter we found out we were pregnant with Grady. We called my family who was all at the lake at Aunt Cheryl's house for their annual Easter festivities. I thought it would be so neat to call yesterday to tell them that there was a new baby. But alas (don't you just love that word?)...no call was made. I tried to tell God what a good plan that was...how neatly that just tied everything together. Ha ha ha. Hmmm, apparently His ways are higher or something. :)

This weekend was really great. It was very relaxing as I have said. Yesterday after lunch, Eissa napped, I read, and Joel and the kids went to visit our neighbors. Joel came back after a while and the kids had stayed with the little 2 yr. old girl there to watch a movie, eat "popcorns" (as they call it), and drink goiaba juice. They were in heaven...friends, movie, popcorns, juice...how can you beat that?

Around the same time, our doctor from Goiania came. He's been planning to come just for a visit...mainly to make sure he knew how to get here when the time comes. So, he and his wife and 2 daughters came by. It was a great visit.

After they left, we all went for a walk. Then we played at the park for a long time, until it started really getting dark. A couple of other faculty members were there with their kiddos...it was fun.

We came home, took showers, had supper, and then had our own little church service here at our house. Joel happened to teach us about 1 John 4:7-8. Nice...Mama knows a song for that Bible lesson (thanks, Psalty!). Then we prayed, specifically for the baby. Then we just talked...more about baby. It's weird...I've NEVER even wanted the kids at the birth. I always thought it would just be too distracting. But, it just might happen this time. So, we just talked about it. They have been super inquisitive anyway (and I never back down from a good question), so it's fun. We'll see what actually happens when the time comes.

It's now 5:30am here and I can't sleep. I woke up about 3:30. I usually sleep really well, but not tonight. Bummer too because Joel has to leave for Asas again in about 2 hours after this glorious long weekend. Eeesh, handling the household all by myself at this point in my pregnancy after having such great help for 3 whole days...not looking forward to it. I'm sure I'll manage. Maybe I can even grab a few more Zzz's before then.

Here are some pictures we took Friday and Saturday.

Friday morning Joel took the kids to the park. Then some of their friends came back with them to play until lunchtime. They had lots of fun. Here they were playing with an inchworm.
Of course they got some chores in. I love how Eissa seems to be totally delegating and running the show here. Funny.


More playing. The kids got some GREAT playtime in with Daddy. It was so fun...Joel's so great with that. They were driving in their cars all over the place and doing all sorts of things in their imaginations.


The kids bring me flowers constantly. There is almost always play-doh on the table too. So, this was our make-shift vase the other day.

7 comments:

Leah said...

FYI: I read recently that the human gestation is 36-44 weeks. So, as long as everything checks out okay, please don't let them force your body into labor.
I love you,
Leah

Michawn said...

No fear in that, Leah. There's no way we would induce. The longest I've gone is 42 weeks and I'm pretty sure I won't go over that. Induction isn't an option though.

Anonymous said...

Loved the pic of the playdough vase and hand picked flowers for mommy! Way too cute! :) You look great! Thanks for the link about pregnancy...I'm going to check it out for future reference! I love the way you birth! So neat! :) I love ya! Would love to request a video of you in labor singing like Temple! :) Would be really cool to see you in labor...but, I know its a private family time so no pressure! :) I'll be praying for you this week now that Joel is back at work! Fun that you got lots of good family time this weekend as you celebrated the truth that Jesus is alive! :)

~ Ali

Anonymous said...

Joel, you are such a fun daddy. So many children do not have a hands on daddy. Douglas used to lay in the floor and color with our children. We have lots of pictures of him stretched out coloring. Now, let me address Ali. Do not pressure Michawn. I have tried to hurry her along a little bit. You know she has a lot of family here in Saline, LA. They ask me all the time if I have heard from Michawn. So I ask her if there have been any changes, naturally. Last night - she told me if I didn't STOP PRESSURING HER - I would have to read about the birth on the blog like everyone else. Imagine that. I told her that I had the right to pressure her. I gave birth to her after eighteen hours of hard labor. I am the grandmother of these precious babies. My little mother is the great-grandmother. Then she said good grief, you sound like Marie Barone. Then she went off to watch a vidoe of Everybody Loves Raymond. I'm like Robert. But I'm waiting to hear if there have been any changes during this Monday.:)
Love,
Mama

Amanda said...

I agree with Leah. I know you do too, Michawn, but for those out there that don't know, those synthetic hormones weaken the uterus. From my previous research, uterine rupture has happened from receiving Pitocin and past popular hormones given to induce labor with no prior cesareans! In fact, if someone is trying a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean), Pitocin is not allowed because of this it weakens the uterus! Just an FYI.

Michawn, I know how it feels to think, wouldn't it be cool to have this baby on a certain date? For me, it was Valentine's day. For you it was Easter. When Valentine's passed, I thought, well, it wasn't God's date. That's enough for me. (I certainly still wanted to meet my baby badly, though!)

Is Joel gone for any nights, or just during the day? Just wondering how much he's having to leave you and the kids this week.

AUNY said...

That's funny about the pot of water. I am so impatient that it seems that saying is so true. Hahaha...funny! You'll pop soon!

Steph said...

still praying! love the pictures! fun times!