Saturday, March 08, 2008

38 Weeks

2 more weeks until my due date. No major updates since yesterday. Things are going well. I have amazingly only gained 34 pounds with this pregnancy so far (you all know what a miracle that is). I'm taking it easy and also making sure to get some greens in me (i.e. chlorophyll that will hopefully help to improve my blood levels). I've been drinking shakes that consist of:


2 stalks of broccoli (the broccoli here is VERY different than there...I'll take a picture for you sometime)
a green bell pepper
a cucumber
2 apples
2 bananas
some pineapple
and OJ to taste (OJ covers up a multitude of greens) :-)

It's pretty dadgum good if I do say so myself. No denying it's healthy, but I do hope it's actually doing some substantial good in my bloodstream as well. The kids LOVE it! :-) I think this may have to become a habit.

Oh, we did hear from the people holding the box. But, we aren't quite clear as to whether the notice we got was about the box they already have or about the 2nd box that we are still waiting for. We're pretty sure they are now holding the 2nd box though. There's nothing super urgent in that box like the box from my midwife. There is one thing in that 2nd box that will pretty much be useless after the baby comes (it's for pregnant girlies), but you know...nothing that I just can't live without either. Anyway, pray that our boxes be released quickly and that we will get them this week, esp. the midwife box...it's pretty important. Thanks so much.

Thursday we aired up the birth pool. I haven't ever used one of these Birth Pools in a Box, but it looks like it's going to be great.

Eissa had slept really late in her afternoon nap that day, so she stayed up a little longer than the other 2. She thoroughly enjoyed her alone time with Mama and Daddy, esp. given the activity of the night. Here are some pictures to prove her happiness. By the way, not very "lady-like" pictures of me, but I was doing some stretching/squatting/exercising...just so you know.

Man, look how long my hair is.



This one is quite blurry, but I still loved Eissa's little pose for the camera.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like that tub might be fun after baby is born, for the kiddos to play in. Essia is a total cutie pie!

Amanda said...

Honey, that drink sounds so gross! I can't mix my fruits and veggies together in a drink like that. But, if you say the OJ does the trick to make it taste right, then it sounds like a good thing. I am impressed with you for trying to do whatever you can to prevent low iron and bleeding issues. I'm so excited for you that you get to meet your baby soon! 38 weeks is so close to being "anytime now" for you, even though you don't typically have your babies early. Two more weeks is not long at all. It's very exciting and we are still praying for a safe delivery. God has that in His hands and truly is the source of our protection.

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous! :)

Matt and Meredith said...

Sweet Eissa. She does look like she was having a blast! I can't believe our girls are pretty much toddlers now!!!! I also can't believe this new baby is almost here!