Thursday, March 06, 2008

Hoedown

Another quick update and then the subject of the post:

Yesterday the burning in my leg moved from only the left hip and leg to my inner thighs (no longer left hip, but now including the right inner thigh). But, guess what? Today...no burning. Woohoo!! Thanks so much for your prayers.

I continue to take my extra iron, Vit. C, and folic acid. I am actually feeling a bit better as long as I take it easy and also continue to take my afternoon nap with Eissa. I do have a little cold now (I'm blaming my daughters for that) :-), but it's nothing major at all.

I've tried to do other alternative things during this pregnancy to help out...like get some liquid chlorophyll (or any chlorophyll). There is no chlorophyll to be found here (or we haven't found it yet anyway). So, I am now about to start just juicing lots of greens and drinking them. Lots of the juices I've found online call for things like wheatgrass or barley green...again, none of which we have access to. So, I'm just going to play around with it and try to get the most benefit out of a drink as possible. If any of you have any great recipes that only include fresh produce (nothing that I would need a Whole Foods for), let me know.

I will be getting my blood levels checked again in the morning. I will go back to the doctor (my doctor in Goiania) on Tuesday. I'll be keeping you posted as usual.

Now, for the actual post...

Sunday we didn't go anywhere. It was glorious. After about 3 weeks straight of going non-stop (we had somewhere to go every single day), we just stayed home. No, we didn't even go to church that night...we had our own little family church service here. It was great.

Sunday afternoon though, Joel and the kids enjoyed doing some yard work. He and Grady worked alot...the girls "contributed" some too. It was fun for them all.

Seriously, I have no idea what our girls have against clothes. And none of them were wearing shoes. Grady put on shoes later, but he prefers to have them on (along with clothes). The girls...always feel the need to strip down. Whatever. I personally think it's funny and I love their freedom. The neighbors might not feel the same way. And, I'm sure we'll curb that behavior as they get older, don't worry. ;)






I LOVE Grady's facial expression in this picture. I don't think he approves of his sister's nude habits.

7 comments:

js said...

What a good little man Grady is!

Anonymous said...

Okay. I'm with Grady!!! Put some clothes on that girl!! There is just a little something strange about seeing her naked on the internet. You know, perverts.:)
Hope you are feeling well today. Take your naps - you need them.
Love,
Mama

kris said...

when is your due date?

Leah said...

On the 'greens' note: I have a friend who blends raw spinach in pure water, then strains and drinks it. That would work for you.

Wendy said...

I have a great juice recipe book but I can't find it. I will keep looking and email you with some recipes.
Beautiful Kids!

Michawn said...

I am due March 22nd.

Stephanie said...

Grady's face is so funny. He is probably thinking "oh, geeze, my sister is so crazy."
Glad you had a day just to hang out and relax.