Monday, March 03, 2008

Class on Hold

Remember how I said my motivation was back? Yeah, for like 4 seconds.

When I say "motivation" I guess what I really mean is energy. I feel like a big blob of nothing. I have NO energy for anything. I was able to muster up some umph for Hadley's party, but even while in the kitchen all day getting ready for that, I just wanted to collapse. My aunt reminded me that it was normal given my anemia. Hopefully that will improve...be praying for my blood levels and my iron levels to be normal and for me to have more energy. I'm exhausted...always.

Given that state of being for me, I once again cancelled on Portuguese classes. I'm going to stay home all week (I will re-evaluate after this week and possibly try to go back) and try to rest and just pray and take it easy...get ready for this new little baby. I hate to not finish something once I get started. I had really hoped to have a full 6 weeks of Portuguese before bowing out for baby. There was no reason for me to believe any differently...I've never felt like this with the other pregnancies. I was still jogging up until I was 8 months pregnant with Eissa...still taking long, vigorous walks up until the day I had her. I just feel different this time. I also feel really lame having to "call in" because of "tiredness." What a horrible excuse. Vomiting, diarrhea, recovery from childbirth...those are all very tangible excuses. Not exhaustion. But, it is what it is. It's not like I'm lying or anything. Anyway, there are positives I guess.

One is that I am, like I said, able to get more prepared for this baby...emotionally, mentally, spiritually. I'm just not ready in those areas. Almost everything is set up. We have almost all the supplies. There are a couple of boxes still on the way and the birth pool isn't set up yet, but it's here. All of the "things" are ready mostly...but I'm not. So, it is good time to lay low and just be...and spend some definitely needed focused time with Jesus. The kids are still going to Portuguese classes...they haven't missed a beat. So, while Eissa is down for her naps, this is what I'll be doing.

Another major benefit to my lame exhaustion...Eissa. I don't think there's ever been a time where it's just been me and her...EVER. That's normal with your 3rd child I guess, but it's just been really neat. Other than those 2 hours when she's asleep, we've had a great time together, just me and her. Today as I was reading to her before I laid her down, she even said "baby" and "Jesus" really clear. Super cute. She was actually repeating everything I told her to, but those were the cutest things. She's such a snuggly bunny and she'll just rub my belly and kiss it and say "Ay ay." I think she will love this baby just like she loves all the babies she sees...and loves her baby dolls too. But, this is definite good quality time for her before baby. I'm grateful for that.

And now some pictures of that little pretty girl. These were taken Saturday night after Hadley's party.


















And, as promised, the finished product. I forgot to snap some shots last night before they went to bed, so I grabbed some this morning for you.

Hadley's Bible bag.
The other side.
After pictures, they decided to read their Bibles together. Really cute.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute pictures of the kids. I enjoyed along time with Creed for the first time this last year, too. I love how Grady and Hadley have matching Bibles. Very cool.

I know it's hard to rest, and the lack of motivation gets you down. But, I'm proud of you for listening to your body. It's hard to admit fatigue, or even just needing the mental and Spiritual break. I say go with it. Maybe God's calling you to it...a little time of rest.

Wendy said...

I have to agree Michawn! Really, when else do you have such a great excuse for resting??!! Enjoy this down time before the baby! Praying for you guys!!!

Leah said...

Exhaustion is a perfectly good excuse. I missed 2 whole months of church from sheer exhaustion. Really!
I'm still not quite all together, and baby is a month old already!

The Brodines said...

Michawn, go take a nap :) Really girl...you are an amazing and wonderful mother and wife and you just need to take this time to rest and like you said, spend time with the Lord...what a wonderful thing that is...just like Mary at the feet of Jesus. I will be praying for you. How about you start eating some cream of wheat in the mornings?? that stuff has lots of iron in it and it could help. I have been eating it a lot and it has helped me tons. I love you and get some rest at the feet of Jesus!