Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Iron and Box Prayers

I know I already posted today, but we just talked to my doctor here (the one that is actually doing the homebirth) and I wanted to give you an update and some prayer requests really quickly.

1. He is going to order some lab work for my iron levels to be drawn. So, hopefully I will be able to go get that drawn soon.

2. I am also going to be taking an iron supplement, so hopefully that will make me feel better.

3. This has nothing to do with the conversation with the doctor, but we just got in the mail a notice that they are holding one of our boxes. There are 3 boxes total that I know of that haven't arrived yet. One has my prenatals in it. One has some other stuff like Red Raspberry Leaf Tea in it. And, the other one is the box of supplies that my midwife had sent. Now, the midwife box wasn't sent until Feb. 13th or so, so I'm wondering if it's that one (even though it would make the most sense for them to detain that one). The other 2 were sent earlier than that. Basically though, we don't know which one it is...and if one was detained, there is no reason to believe the others won't be either, just because of contents. We are hoping and praying not though...and that we get this detained box very soon.

What is required now is that we send them a written statement about what it's for and all. We just don't have time for this honestly. We are going to try to find a phone number so that we can actually just call them and hopefully speed up this process, but no such luck so far with locating a number for them. I am most anxious to get the box my midwife sent. Of course our doctor here has supplies, but it would be so great to have those "familiar things" here for the birth too.

Thanks so much for your prayers. We really appreciate it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'll be praying that you can quickly get your boxes to help you prepare for birth that were mailed to you! Sooner the better! :)

Also, wanted to tell you my sis had her baby boy on Leap Day! I'll send an email with a pic of him!

Have you ever seen Dr. Oz on Oprah? Recently on one of the shows Dr. Oz mentioned something that has twice the antioxidant power of blueberries... it’s called the Acai Berry. The berry can be turned into a juice and its suppose to be really healthy! The berry is actually found in Brasil! :) Have you tried it or heard of it? I've been meaning to ask you if its popular where you are?

~ Ali

js said...

I'm sorry you haven't gotten your stuff. We'll be praying. Hope you're feeling well.