Friday, March 28, 2008

2 Days With Cass

Cass is officially 2 1/2 days old now. :) Things are going really well. I am recovering pretty quickly since I didn't have to have stitches or anything. But, I'm still taking it easy too. Yesterday I was up and about a little too much since we had the news people here. Then last night, to top it all off, I stood alot to clean our room a bit. Yeah...after that I knew it was time for bed and that I had overdone it. The plan for today...do nothing. Relax in the bed with Cass like I did the first day.

The pediatrician was supposed to come yesterday afternoon/last night to check Cass again. Well, instead she came this morning, waking me and Cass up at 7:30 (without calling beforehand). Not a happy Mama here. So, it was a rude awakening and a bad start to the day, but we plan to recuperate here in bed.

My milk came in yesterday morning and all is great there. So very thankful. Cass is nursing perfectly and sleeping very well. She's smiling some too, but we have yet to get a good picture of it.

I don't know what happened to me yesterday. I guess I was just a little distracted. But, I didn't even think to take pictures when the reporter and cameraman were here. So, there is no documentation or interesting pictures to show you. So unlike me. Didn't even cross my mind.

The other kids are doing great. Joel is showing some wear and tear. :) But he usually gets a little break in the afternoons when the kids are at Port. class and Eissa is sleeping. And Eliane has been here every morning, so that helps a TON. She's been cooking for us to have food to eat until she gets back. She worked out a new schedule so she can be here every morning (except Friday) instead of 2 full days. It's worked out so great for us and helped us so much during this time. What a blessing she is!!

And now for some pictures from the last 2 days...











She decided she wanted to lay down with her.
And then back up with her again.

One thing was for sure...she did not want to let go of her new "doll."
Oh, Daddy's got a surprise for us.
Way too excited.
These eggs are the big thing here in Brasil at Easter. They are everywhere.
Chocolate is always a hit.

10 comments:

Wendy said...

She is so beautiful!! Enjoy your day of resting!!!

Stephanie said...

Looks like Cass is fitting right in with your clan. she is so stinking pretty! glad your milk came in and Cass is latching on well...I remember when it didn't come so easy for you in the past. I had a breastfeeding dream last night. the first baby related dream in forever...think it is a sign of whats to come?? Please continue to pray (in between sleeping, feeding and changing...heck girl, you don't have time to pray!) that I go into labor on my own and what the heck since we are asking...sooner rather than later, no tearing, smooth delivery, quick healing afterwards, easy breastfeeding... ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, your milk came in fast! That's awesome! Sounds like its been really busy but good! Hope the news station gets you a copy of the footage they put on the air! That would be a neat keep sake for sweet Cass! Be sure to get some rest, rest and some more rest during this stage its your job! :)

~ Ali

Anonymous said...

Michawn,
It looks as though things are coming along well. A word for you. Do take it easy much longer than you "feel" it's necessary. The more you add to the family, the easier it is to think you MUST get up and "do" whatever. You MUST rest or your recovery will take much longer than it ever has.
We love you and pray often for you.

Love,

Miss Gail

Alex said...

What a sweety pie! Shes a keeper :) LOL! Wow Michawn, you two make really adorable kids!
Hugs,
Alessandra

Steph said...

she's beautiful as all your kids are:)

and i'm w/ Miss Gail...and in the words of Ricky Ricardo from "i love lucy" ..."take it tizzy Lucy". haha. you have help every morning right? take the time and recover.

:)

Steph said...

off the subject...totally know you aren't in this mode but for future reference...

www.exercisingwithencouragement.blogspot.com

it's my new exercising blog!www

Amanda said...

I hope you are getting that rest! I'm so glad everything is going so well!

Unknown said...

Wow! Ya'll took some great pictures!!! Rest lots Michawn!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're going to back to resting! Cass is so beautiful... those dimples and that cute little smile is all Michawn and Joel! :) So glad there's another Ebersole in the world! I'll hold off on telling you to tickler her for me until she's older. :)

Love you.