Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Update #2

I slept really well last night. I think the pain medicine really kicked in and did me good. I can take it every 8 hours. I took it last night around 8:30 and then again this morning at 4am. Before I took it at 4 I was really hurting again. But, as of right now (it's 11:30am here) I could take it again, but I'm not really hurting that bad...not nearly like I was yesterday. Maybe the last pill just hasn't quite worn off yet. Maybe I actually am getting better. Healing or pain medicine...either way I do feel better. I'm still INCREDIBLY tired feeling though.

We went to the doctor first thing this morning. She checked my blood pressure and the baby's heartbeat again...I guess just because I was there. No concerns in those areas or anything. Everything continues to be normal. She read over the ultrasound results herself. The Doppler thing we ended up not being able to do today...we scheduled it for tomorrow afternoon. It will make sure the blood flow to the baby is normal and all...make sure there's no other reason for the baby being small other than just God's design for this baby.

After some putting my foot down, we were able to get my blood tests done today. It was so incredibly ridiculous. They told me that I would need to be fasting for at least 4 hours for these tests. We've been through this before and have just obliged before. Today I was done with obliging and decided, no, they would be taking my blood. :-) I'm a pretty compliant girl but when I know that something isn't necessary, they usually can tell that I'm not buying it. After much discussion and just pure dee stubbornness, they took my blood. I was also supposed to give a urine sample. Again, they told us that we needed to have the first urine of the morning. And again...I knew that wasn't necessary (not for what they are testing me for). So, thankfully it's all done...pee and all. The results should be ready by this afternoon.

Anyhoo, I'm going to really take it easy this afternoon. I do feel better, but when I start really moving around alot (like this morning when we were doing a good bit of walking and even driving...bouncing around in the car), I do start to hurt again. So, I am off to lay down and just lounge around the house. I will keep you posted though...and let you know the results when we get them. Thanks so much for the prayers from you all. Truly, we are feeling them. I know I'm feeling better because of them.

7 comments:

js said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better. We'll continue to pray. Let us know if they figure anything out.

Leah said...

What do you mean by measuring small? Is that the cm measurement from pubic bone to fundus, or something else?
If so, I would say, perhaps the baby has dropped into your pelvis early?
About the pain, is it just in your back? Like back labor, or is it ligament pain perhaps?
Sounds like it could also be a kidney infection.

On any account, I pray you feel better and get some rest. Your body may just be tired from so many babies back to back. Just take it easy, and let Joel wait on you hand and foot!

Love you!

Michawn said...

Thanks guys. Leah, I'm talking about the measurements they took yesterday during the ultrasound (head, arms, belly...whatever they always measure). The back pain was/is (although not as bad today) respiratory pain...not like back labor or ligament pain...related to my breathing, but also a constant dull ache. They did check my kidneys yesterday during the ultrasound too...looked fine, but blood work should reveal infection if there is any and then we can go from there.

It's after 1pm now and I still haven't taken another pain pill...amazing. I'm going to continue to take it easy (as much as possible...I HAVE to do some laundry, but will just throw it in the machine, nothing else). I'm hoping whatever it was is just over. Thanks for all your prayers.

AUNY said...

I'm praying for you and the baby. I'm sorry that you are in pain.

Matt and Meredith said...

I'm pray that God would give the doctors wisdom and accuracy where it's needed but I also pray for healing where it's needed, a healthy baby, and that things would work themselves out, in Jesus' name.

Wendy said...

Praying for you today! Hope the pain goes away completely!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Very cool you were a nurse and knew you could go ahead and do your labs. Nice you didn't have to delay another day. I'm praying for you. Happy resting...I know its tough to do when you have little ones.

~ Ali