Monday, February 25, 2008

Playing Hookie

Despite the fact that I was just raving about our time in our Portuguese class yesterday, guess what we are doing today?

There are several reasons:
1. The kids are all flirting with sickness...all have varying degrees of runny noses and coughs and I just want to keep them in.
2. I'm TIRED!! We have been busy every single day since we started and even this weekend we have Hadley's birthday party on Saturday and another churrasco here with friends on Sunday...then, yep...a full week of class again. So, we're taking this day off because Mama is exhausted.
3. Even though I'm exhausted, I'm going to try to use this afternoon of hookie as a time to replenish some of the frozen meals that have been removed from our freezer. Oh how I wish I still had a deep freezer.
4. It's Joel's night to play security guard. Don't know if you remember this, but the students and faculty take turns guarding the hangar from 5:30 until about 10:30 at night (when the actual paid security guard takes over). Tonight's Joel's night. Joel does showers around here. He always does actually, but ESP. now with me so big and pregnant...Mama just don't move around like she used to (esp. the bend over part). So, this is a great day, given all the reasons plus this one, to keep the kids home, entertain them with some movies, keep them clean and occupied while I do some meals, let them relax and hopefully get over the sniffles and coughs, and just basically have an uneventful day. Let's hope those plans work out. Having an "uneventful" day with 3 kids 4 and under...and being big and pregnant...doesn't always pan out. But, it is definitely do-able.

Update: I wrote most of this at around 8:30am this morning. It is now 2:40pm and this has been anything but an uneventful day. Just now for instance, while I was disciplining one child for not obeying, the little one got in the cabinet and spilled barbecue sauce all over the floor and herself. These 3 seem like 14 kids today for some reason (that's never really happened before). Only 20 more minutes 'til the nap and movie though. I'm sure I'll make it. :-)

Alright, I'll stop blabbing, show you some pictures, and get to the rest of the day.

This is our doctor. This was at the last visit...our next appointment is this Thursday. I guess we'll have 1 or 2 more before the baby comes.

Our Valentine's lunch (that was supposed to be at the new Outback, but they were closed) at the mall. It was still delicioso...they have some really great mini-restaurant (nice restaurants) spots in the mall.
I was pretending to be Hadley. She likes to do her princess dance pose when taking pictures sometimes now.
Taken on our 7th anniversary, on the 17th.
Taken on Hadley's 3rd birthday, on the 20th.
She had gotten a few things from people for Christmas that we hadn't actually dispersed yet. So, because her birthday party isn't until this Saturday and we are giving her our special present then, we let her open up this gift...a couple of little fun cloth bags and some clothes for her doll (I think this was all from Thad and Wendy, although I don't really remember about the cloth bags...thanks again guys!!). She loved her present.
Along with tons of boxes of birth stuff, my mom just sent Grady some new clothes she picked up. Grady was dying to wear these today. He says, "Thanks Granny!!"
Yesterday we got the baby's room in order. Mama reminded me the other day that even though someone has never had a baby early before, they could just up and have one 16 days early or something (like my little brother). I'm not counting on that, but if it does happen that way, we are now ready. Even bought some newborn diapers. Obviously this room is being used as a study/library/storage room too. :-) But, at least the 4 little shelves of baby's stuff is nice and orderly.
Did this all yesterday. Yep, we're all ready for the new little one now (mostly anyway). Of course, we don't have any names, but that's beside the point. :-0

5 comments:

Amanda said...

We often have days when I wanted to just take it easy at home, but my kids don't enjoy the lack of activity. I know how it feels. And we do that too, when the kids are sick. I think to myself, what do I love when I'm sick and feeling tired? A movie, a spot on the couch, and a blanket. My kids are not into that! Sadness! They argue more, disobey more, and have a yucky attitude when I want a day to be relaxing. Maybe when they're older...

You look really good! Is it me, or is pregnancy more beautiful the more times I do it? It doesn't feel beautiful, but yet I feel better about the way I look, believing it is a beauty all it's own to carry a child! Anyway, lookin' good!

Anonymous said...

I'm praying and hoping this baby arrives a tad early! Would be fun! Epecially since you are ready! :) Can't wait to hear your baby's name! You guys pick great ones! :)

~ Ali

js said...

Wow- the baby is coming soon! Are you getting excited. 4 kidos- how cool. You are going to love it. Outback! Awesome! Ask for the romalade sauce on the side and dip your meat in it. It's our favorite part.

Anonymous said...

I've been asked about names and keep forgetting to ask you. You mean out of the hundreds of names you have always picked out you can't find one? :) Glad you are getting everything ready. It looks so nice and neat. Do you need anything for the baby? Grady looks cute. I was hoping the soccer outfit would fit him because of Joel and his soccer. David got in the refrigerator one time while Mama was on the phone and smeared butter all over himself. Even on the bottoms of his feet so he could walk on the floor with it. Kids are SO much fun! Love y'all.
Love,
Mama

Leah said...

So, I always thought Joel had such a baby face, in a good way, of course, until that 7th anniversary picture.
He finally looks like an adult!
You both look so very nice.