Monday, February 11, 2008

6 More Weeks

As of Saturday, I now have only 6 more weeks until the due date. Things are going well. I'm assuming we have another big baby on our hands. It sure does feel that way anyway, as it moves and stretches and prods around. NOT comfortable. Sometimes it is just downright painful and I have to let out a little yelp. :-)

We go for another check-up next Tuesday. Our doctor brings a pediatrician along with him to the birth, so we will actually be meeting with her next Tuesday too, just to get to know her a bit and talk with her about our expectations and all. Should be an interesting day.

Continue to pray for me about the yellow fever thing. Again, I'm not fearful, but there have now been 25 cases and 13 deaths. I'm steering clear of my mosquito friends, that's for sure.

We got our birthing pool and Joel is fixing up a system for me that will enable us to heat it. Lots of other birthing things are in the mail on their way to us. I'm planning on getting all the baby stuff out in the next couple of weeks and getting things set up.

Things are going well. Thanks for all the prayers. And now, some pictures...

I didn't post about the pregnancy last week, but here is a shot of me at 33 weeks.
Joel took this one, but I didn't like it. So, we were going to take another one.
But I wasn't quite ready...well, Grady was there and thought that was SO funny. So did Joel. So, then they just kept on taking pictures when I wasn't ready, laughing the whole time of course.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're SO dang cute :) Hey - I stayed up to post some pics on Facebook and to blog a little. I'm so sorry I've not been more faithful! I love you DEARLY and miss you and think about you all the time and am praying for you!!!!

Leah said...

Your belly looks like you could deliver today! You really do have big babies, don't you!?!
Amazing that you narrow frame can have such a large babe. Truly amazing!

Matt and Meredith said...

Is it just me or has your pregnancy FLOWN by? You look adorable. It's amazing to me that we can have babies in our bellies!!!!!! PS> I just prayed that God would protect your family from mosquitos and the yellow fever.

Matt and Meredith said...

PPS. The snap shots of you when you weren't ready are hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the pictures of the children on the blogs, They are greatly appreciated! Have you found a homopathic doctor? Dr Ali was our dr for several years before we, then he and his family moved to the USA (to pastor). You were at his son's wedding,Joao Marcus and bride,when you were here. (They had their 1st child last summer.) Praying you'll have a great delivery. 'Your body knows exactly how to do it,' my dr once told me,' so this time 'round it probably will be shorter.' With each birth one certainly learns how to cooperate better with the miracle of birth as you said.
I am very excited for the opportunity you and the children have to go to Portuguese class! There is nothing that opens up an adopted culture like communication! My world became alive as I was able to be part of their world and could understand their way of thinking. I'm happy for you and the children.Love, Pam

Amanda said...

Me too on the baby moving in a tight space. It hurts. I've tried using the Bradley theory of relaxing for that, but I don't seem to be able to manage it. You look great! It's crazy that you'll be growing more for 6 weeks. I bet the new classes and new stage for your family will be a nice distraction. Distractions are so great for periods of waiting. (I'm still hoping you have a boy this time! Don't you want the possibility of being peed on for every diaper change again in your life? Lol.)

Anonymous said...

You look AWESOME! Love seeing your beautiful baby belly! :) Any chance you'll have the baby a little sooner than 6 weeks....I'm so excited to find out if its a baby boy or a baby girl! Plus, can't wait for your birth post about all the details and to learn the great baby name you and Joel pick for baby #4! :) I have to say it one more time...you look so stinkin' cute pregnant! :) You are totally just baby belly and nothing else! Doesn't even look like you swell! :)