Saturday, May 24, 2008

Back Online

First of all I want to say thank you. There has already been interest shown in helping out with the EvangeCubes that I blogged about last time. What a blessing and answer to prayer! We still have all of the Proclaimers that aren't answered for, so if you are interested at all in a way you could do something truly amazing...a huge impact with the Word of God at a super cheap price (I'm still in awe that only $100 will get the whole New Testament in talking form to these isolated people groups), please continue to let me know. Thanks so very much for your giving.

We are back from our computer fast. Unfortunately in the end, it turned out to truly only be a fast from blogging. Why? Well, my cousin is coming to spend the summer with us and she leaves the states this Monday. There were many things to get in order for her to come and things to ready for her to bring to us. We tried to do all of that before Monday when the fast started for us. We got it all done except on Monday afternoon I remembered one other thing that I had promised to order for someone here and have brought down. I got the computer down to do it really quickly. After I was done Joel was putting the laptop back up where we put it...on top of the entertainment center. Although he's done this countless times before, for some reason this time the silly laptop decided to jump off the back of the entertainment center and attempt suicide. ;) We assessed the damage and turns out the screen shattered, but everything else is in working order. So, we will now be getting a monitor for the laptop and will basically have a desktop computer now. But, needless to say, we spent time on the computer this week in order to get that ordered for Gillian (my cousin) to bring it down.

We were actually looking at getting a 2nd laptop soon (our only real time for any computer work is after the kiddos go to bed at night, really only allowing about an hour and a half to 2 hours, and we BOTH need it at that time), so hopefully by the time my other cousin comes down for a visit in July, we will be able to get another one. So funny...I remember just a few years ago when a computer was a very frivolous thing to own. It was completely unnecessary. I never even owned one until after me and Joel got married. But, now they are a must. We do all of our business that way...online. Not to mention all the communication needs.

Anyhoo, lots going on these days. I have TONS of pictures to post in the near future. But, in the meantime I want to direct your attention to this blog of some friends of ours. They are both missionaries with Asas. Jeyson is a Brazilian who grew up in Ecuador but went to an American school there...talk about versatile. He therefore speaks Portuguese, Spanish, and English all perfectly with no accent. Nice. He went to Moody in Chicago and met Stephanie there (she's from New Jersey). They were married this past December and are now full force with Asas. Asas held a mission project on the 17th at the dump in Brasilia (you may remember our post about that same place last Sept....Joel went on the project that time). Neither of us were able to go this time, but Stephanie just wrote a great post on her blog about their experience and just the project in general, complete with great pictures and details...great post. Go here to check it out (hope she doesn't mind)...a wonderful look into the kinds of things our mission organization is busy with all the time.

Like I said, tons and tons of pictures and things to catch up on here on the good ole blog. But, for today, just a few pictures (O.K., still a lot) taken the other night and this morning. Enjoy...

Just out of the shower and...
her hair is so long.





He is obviously REALLY...
into making faces...
and being UTTERLY and COMPLETELY silly. He's fun.

Joel and some of his classmates had to fly a plane around for 3 straight hours as part of maintenance on the plane the other day. So, they got some shots. You have to click on this one to actually be able to see what I'm talking about, but in the green circle (on the left) is our house. In the yellow circle is the pool the kids swim in occasionally, in the orange circle is the little park here at the seminary where the kids play constantly, and in the aqua circle is the kids' school. The pink circle at the top is the track where I run (too bad I can't just cut across...I have to go all the way around the kids' school to get to it...just more good exercise though, huh). The whole area there in the big red circle is the seminary where we live.
A look at part of our city...it's big.
This morning Hadley wanted to put her Indian costume on that she got at school. I told her I'd fix her hair Indian style. She loved it.


Looking up at Daddy.



A good look at those braids.




She was leaning in playing with me in this one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey guys,
Great pictures, i liked the shots from the plane. The picture of grady mid-blink and hadley looking on is pretty funny

Anonymous said...

A long time ago, when Angelique was just a little girl, she went with me in Wafer's store (told you it was a long time ago). Mr. Woodrow Wafer told her how pretty her long hair was. She announced to Mr.Wafer, "I have to hold my hair up to go to the bathroom." He sure got a charge out of that!
Hadley's hair is long and beautiful.

Pictures are delightful! I want to reach through and hug all of you. When you come home, I promise to let them get used to me before I grab them--there will be so many of use wanting to get our hands on them that it could be scarry.:)
Love y'all!
Aunt Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Great pics of the kids! Bummer about the laptop 'jumping.' Fun that your cousins will soon be visiting! Happy Memorial day tomorrow! :) It's the beginning of your favorite season...summer!

~ Ali