Sunday, May 18, 2008

EvangeCube and Proclaimer

At Asas I work in the AMDE (Medical/Dental Evangelistic Association) group. Along with its flight work in the Amazon basin, Asas does tons of outreaches all over Brazil using Medical/Dental help and incorporating children's programs and door-to-door evangelism as well. The Jesus film and other things are also used. Throughout the year Asas holds several mini missions projects (1-5 days or so) and does one huge project during the year mobilizing hundreds of people from all over Brazil. The big project is done in July and everyone travels to northeast Brazil for 10 days to work in 5 different impoverished communities.

I was talking with the head of the AMDE group at the office the other day. Ester is her name and she's pretty dadgum awesome. I'm telling you...I am more and more impressed with Asas all the time. And, it's just so exciting what they/we are doing. Anyway, she was showing me something called the Proclaimer. Amazing. As she was showing me this instrument I was thinking to myself, Why are these not readily available to all people in need of one? This is so simple! And, then I thought of you all.

I want to show you this amazing product. Basically it is a talking box. It tells the whole New Testament (they also have one that tells the whole Bible). It has a power cord, but if there is no electricity available, it has batteries. If the batteries are dead, it has a solar panel (pictured below) and can run on that. If the sun isn't out...yep, it has a crank (pictured to the left). A-mazing.

Why are these needed? In so many impoverished places or remote/isolated areas, illiteracy is very common. Sometimes they have no access to Bibles at all, but even if they did, either they are illiterate altogether or they don't read well enough to read and understand the Bible. This tool is incredibly practical. Ester said that her father (was a missionary also) had a "talking box" (what the indigenous people called it) and the people would come and ask to listen to it. They would sit and listen for hours.

There are many remote communities in the Amazon region. Some have a church but most don't. Some have ways of hearing the Bible but most don't. These talking boxes would be an incredible gift to these people. In-credible!!

I told Ester I wanted a picture of it. I did take a picture to put on this blog, but then I looked it up online when I got home. Go here and you can see a 360 degree view of it and look at all the specs. I'm telling you...it's amazing. I am just blown away at how easy and inexpensive it can be to get the Gospel to people who are dying without it.

Each New Testament Proclaimer is $100. A measly hundred dollars, can you believe it? That's nothing to most Americans. Some of you would easily spend that on one birthday or Christmas gift for your child. I asked Ester how many were needed. She said that 100 would be a good start to reaching the people groups that are in need of one.

Will you please consider making a huge difference in the life of an entire people group with this little simple yet profound box? If so, please email me (scroll down on the page to find the email information). Seriously, can you think of an easier way to spread the Gospel from right there in your very own house? The last video on this post is done by the people who make the Proclaimer.

Another opportunity that I wanted to present to you is concerning something called the EvangeCube. Another amazing Gospel-spreading tool. Ester said they use it constantly in their evangelism efforts. It is so simple, but yet so effective (video below demonstrates an EvangeCube presentation). Again I asked how many they could use and she said 100 of these also. They are only 8 dollars each. If you buy them in bulk of 96 or more, the price is reduced to $4 each.

There is also a bigger version (16 inch) of these EvangeCubes. Ester said they use these when doing a children's assembly for instance. They only need 5 or 6 of these.

Again, if you are interested in helping out with any of these things, please let us know (I won't be receiving any emails or comments until Saturday, but I will get them then; also, if you want to call us, you can use either Skype or call our U.S. number that can be found on our website...link on the sidebar). Consider these opportunities for giving. It would be such a blessing...for you and the recipients!



5 comments:

e3 Partners said...

Hi :)

My name is Bekah. I work for e3 Resources the makers of the evangecube. I was reading your blog and I was wondering if you wanted to link with our website? We want to partner with you and add your blog to our links.

Please let me know :)

My e-mail is rebekah.sheets@e3resources.org

Anonymous said...

Great Stuff! Love it! What an awesome concept and tool the talking box is!

~ Ali

Amber said...

We use the EvangeCube in outreach in our church also:) It's AWESOME!!!

js said...

That is killer! What a smart idea.

AUNY said...

We want to get the EvangeCubes for ya'll. It sounds like a great Party with a Purpose to me!