Saturday, May 03, 2008

Anonymous and Washer Rants

First of all, let's get this out of the way. Why do people leave 'anonymous' comments on the blog and then refuse to acknowledge who the heck they are?!? That irritates the fool out of me, whether it's just a friendly hello or a catty little comment. I got this one from yesterday's post:
from my research, there ARE pills that do not do the "aborting factor". those are the ones i choose to be on.
Was this person offended by my posts? Was she getting a little defensive? Or, did she simply just forget to leave her name or any other helpful information like more insight into her research...which pills she claims to be non-abortive, etc.? She could really help some people out for heaven's sake (which is what I asked for), but what the heck? Not an acceptable comment. Since she didn't provide any sources to her research, I kind of doubt that what she says is accurate to be quite honest. Believe me, I looked high and low for a pill that didn't have the abortive action and came up short. But, seriously...if anyone really does have info. (including you, anonymous commentor from yesterday...I might be coming on a little strong, but I'm not mad...just hate unsigned anonymous comments) about one that doesn't kill fertilized eggs, let me know.

I might have to turn on the "no anonymous commentors" thing. I hate to, but then it really is easy to just set up an account in order to be able to comment...you don't have to have a blog or anything. We'll see. Until then, DON'T leave anonymous comments on my blog...always sign your name, thank you.

While I'm doing a little ranting today it seems, let me just say that I hate my washer. Seriously, it is ridiculous. It doesn't do a very good job of getting things clean (something Joel was the first to complain about might I add...Joel is a clean man, but it must be bad if he's the one who brings it up). Plus, it takes for-stinkin'-ever to do a load. Rapid cycle? - 3 hours!!!! Yeah...be thankful for your 30-minute cycles and really clean clothes there in the land of free and the home of the brave (oh, and hot/warm water options and a dryer to boot, although I kind of like the clothes line bit except for when we need something dry ASAP).

Now, for some non-rant stuff...how about some pictures? Been a few days.

Grady and Hadley get to do some of their "messier" projects while Eissa takes her morning nap. Painting is a favorite.

Our little neighbor friend, Sara, came over to play for a while yesterday. We had a little dance party while she was here.
Love Hadley's hair in these shots.
Look at Grady's air on this one.

Another Lincoln Logs night.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always hated anonymous comments too, especially when I posted about spanking. Boy, you'd think I was abusing my kids or something, and Anon doesn't know me, obviously!
Anyway, 3 hours!!! I'm so sorry.
Ever thought of washing things by hand? It might get done faster.

Amanda said...

You are so funny! I never would have had the boldness to call someone out on the comment thing. But I would have been thinking it, and I did when I saw that. You had me laughing!

Melissa Terry said...

As for the Terry's, Joe never had peace when we first got married about taking the pill. Trust me, I tried asking him several times to see if he would get some :) Then, after having our little man, I asked again if he had peace...and no. I am so thankful God speaks to my husband, because I had no idea about the fact that it aborts a fertilized egg.

Another factor to consider that I had read about is the link between breast cancer and birth control. It definitely makes sense in my mind that it would not be good for you body- considering that it sends hormonal signals that your body is always pregnant. No wonder it makes people feel weird and moody :)

For all those reasons, we are using the rain coat for now! :)

Chris said...

I soooo feel your pain about the washer!! I always skip the soak part and go straight to the single wash and single rinse. Mine takes about 2 hours I think. What brand do you have? I am looking forward to doing wash in the states again :) And congrats on the bumGenius stuff you got! What a blessing. Where did you get them from? I was checking it out on the web and was thinking about getting them when we go back to the states. Do you think we would be able to apply for that package? Blessings! ~Chris Miller

Chris said...

Quick tip... sometimes to help speed along the washing machine, I help to fill it up by pouring buckets of water in it. I think the main thing that drags it out is that it takes so long to fill up. Of course that doesn't help it to clean your clothes better though :) I bring "stain-stick" from the states and use that a lot. Chris Miller

jatlhwI said...

As to why doctors might not know about the pill causing abortions, I found this on Wikipedia:

"There is controversy as to whether pregnancy begins at the moment of fertilization, or at the moment the blastocyst implants in the uterine lining. American federal law and British law mark the beginning of pregnancy at implantation; thus, even if post-fertilization mechanisms were proven, these substances would still be labeled as contraceptives, rather than abortifacients."

I don't know if it's true, but if so, the pill would be called a contraceptive, not an abortifacient (meaning "causing an abortion").

AUNY said...

Anonymous comments annoy me too.