Monday, May 26, 2008

She's 2 Months Old


This is her 6 week picture (taken in a little antique gown I bought when I was pregnant with Grady; all the girls have had their 6 week picture taken in it). But, she's long passed that. :) Cass was 2 months old yesterday. It's been a wonderful 2 months. It's crazy though...seems she's always been with us. :)

She can truly only be described as the perfect baby. She is so much fun and we are all thoroughly enjoying her. She had a bit of a traumatic end to her 2 month birthday. At church last night she was sleeping in her carseat so I went a few feet away and was visiting with a friend. I am constantly looking around the church watching my kids, making sure that I can see them all at all times. Well, I was doing this glance over and saw that Hadley was at Cass's carseat. I then saw a little boy with them and this little boy was slapping the fire out of Cass. He was seriously repeatedly hitting Cass as hard as he could in her face. WOW!! I was mortified, raced over and pushed this little 2 year old, and grabbed Cass who was FREAKING OUT!!

The poor mother of this little boy. They are trying to get pregnant again and I guess he knows it and is really acting out. He is already jealous of any baby that he sees, hence his lashing out at poor innocent Cass. She was also mortified. He got a spanking in the parking lot and she was in tears about what he had done.

Although jealousy is a normal thing (although it can be lovingly trained away), obviously that behavior is not O.K., but we reassured her that all was well and there were no hard feelings or anything. Poor friend. She seemed alright by the time we left. We prayed over Cass. She seemed a bit traumatized, but all is well with her this morning after a good night's sleep.

I think it's totally unrelated...she does have a bit of a little cold, so maybe that's why...but, she slept her longest last night. I fed her around 10pm and we didn't hear a peep out of her until 7:30 this morning. Nice. ANYWAY...

Happy 2 months, Cass! So glad you are here with us. We love you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my!
I would have been mortified as well.
How traumatic for little Cass. So scary it must have been for you!
Little Sofia turned 4 months yesterday. She is happily sleeping through the night with one diaper change around 4 am, then back to sleep. She's nursing 5 times a day and is so happy and content. What a beauty she is.
I'm already sad to see her so "old."

Matt and Meredith said...

That's terrible. I'm so sorry it happened. That little 2 year old would feel terrible if he really understood what he did. I'm so thankful we have a God who heals our hearts and minds. He heard your prayers when you prayed over her. You can be confident He has healed her. Merrae had a traumatic experience about that age in the church nursery. We dropped her off there to go to our lifegroup and she was asleep. When she woke up, we weren't there, there was this lady who had a deep scruffy, loud voice. It freaked her out and she cried for over 30 minutes....screamed. She has always been so alert at such a young age. We prayed over her and she's fine...in fact very outgoing and not scared of anyone. People comment on it all the time. Anyway, just a testimony of how God heals our babies when it breaks our hearts and there's. I also pray God that you would heal Cass's mind and heart...that she wouldn't remember anything, in Jesus' name.

Jennifer Groff said...

Wow I can't believe Cass is already two months old!! She's so cute :)
Yep, in response to your comment, monica is dating. It's exciting to have Matt around. He's an awesome guy. Monica and him seem to hit it off together.
Matt Ulrich is doing well. He also just recently started dating, so I don't see him quite as often as I once did. He's working for a local enginering company and enjoying that.
Right now Monica is job searching. She majored in Art, with a minor in business. So her plans are to get a job in the business field and do her artwork on the side.
Happy memorial day :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful 6 week pic of Cass! Can't believe she is already 2 months! Sorry to hear about her terrible time at church. So traumatic! Sweet little Cass is not use to such aggressive treatment. I'm glad she is doing better now!

~ Ali

js said...

She is so darn cute!!! Wow, such a pretty baby. Sarah and Elijah are always fighting over my lap. They love each other, but don't like to share lap time.

Anonymous said...

She's the sweetest pie! I can't bear the thought of what happened at church! Poor little love. I'm glad she seems to be fine and as happy as always. I can not get over those cute little dimples that your kids all have! Soooo adorable.

Happy 2 months to Cass! :)

Steph said...

beautiful. that would be the word for your fam. beautiful!

check your e-mail my friend!

Steph said...

by the way i'm so sorry that that happened to Cass. poor little thing. don't know how i would have handled that. probably not like you did. may have been a little more anger. ha ha. but proud for you that you didn't knock his little head off. so sorry for the parents too.