Saturday, May 10, 2008

This Mother's Joy

I love my kids. Here is a little update on each...

Grady (age 4) - Is so very sweet and loving and kind to his sisters. Is very particular and likes certain things a certain way, but isn't overboard (and we are guarding against that/fighting that when it rears its ugly head). Loves his portuguese class. LOVES to please us and asks "are you proud of me?" or "are you impressed with me?" sometimes. Loves to make his sisters laugh and does little comedic acts often to achieve that. Is very, very loving. Loves to do "just boys" things with Daddy. Loves to learn and do homework. Calls Cass "baby Cass"...not because we do because we never have. It's cute. Is really starting to do special little things with Eissa...playing with her, getting her things, making sure she's happy, etc. He's really growing up and we discovered a few weeks ago that he can even whistle. I was pretty impressed. He is very musical and sings ALL the time...he's got tons of songs memorized. He's also pretty loud. It cracks us up...another Arlis reference (from Old Yeller), but he sounds just like him lots of the time (and Frances from Swiss Family Robinson, Mookie from The Shaggy Dog, and Jimmy Bean from Pollyanna...all the same little boy as you know if you are a back-in-the-day Disney movie fan). It's really funny. To explain for those of you who don't know, it's basically a constant yell, but kind of a muffled yell...cute, not irritating. Fun kid.

Hadley (age 3) - Loves to play with her brother. Loves to mother her baby sister, Cass. Likes to be goofy with Eissa to make her laugh. Is so friendly and loves to play with anyone, but also doesn't tolerate much. Whereas Grady would get upset and sad and maybe even cry when done tolerating something, Hadley gets ticked and doesn't cry but "gets even." Yeah...we're guarding against/fighting that when it comes up too. :) Such a fun playmate for her siblings. Also likes to please and often says, "Are you happy for me?" which best translates as "Are you happy with me?" I guess. "So" is also a favorite word of hers. She'll say, "She's so crying" or "He's so fussing." Cute. She's always been very snuggly and affectionate. Every time Joel leaves, even if just to the corner store, she has to have a big hug and kiss. She also still just can't get playing around with her name. If we tell her she's goofy, she very seriously corrects us, looking at us sternly, saying, "No, I Hadley." :) Sometimes she even adds her 2nd name..."I Hadley Cloteal." Hilarious.

Eissa (age 19 months today) - Hmmm...she's an emotional wreck right now. :) Ha ha ha. No, not really. But, she's always been a cryer. We say 'no' to her once very sweetly and quietly...she looks at us like we've broken her heart, puckers her lip, and holds it, holds it, holds it...then..."WAAAAH!" Cries and sobs like we've just abandoned her. So, that's the way she's always been. Add to that, now, a little Irish temper (and we're not Irish). Yeah...working on that too. Other than that, she's so goofy and fun. She's crazy about her big brother and sister and tries to smother her little sister with love all the time. She's great. She's obsessed with putting her shoes on first thing in the morning. I think she thinks that if she does that and someone leaves, she'll be ready to go with them. She doesn't like someone leaving to go somewhere without her. She's also talking up a storm these days...verbally and in sign language...English and Portuguese. No big sentences yet, but things like "more Mama." :) That's the most common one. Well, it probably ties with "banana"...the kid eats more bananas than anyone I've ever seen. We had to put them up where she couldn't reach them...so now she asks for them verbally at the same time she signs it. Cute. She's also very good with "please"...thinking that if she just says that little magic word, she will get whatever she's asking for. :) She's busy, busy, busy...exploring her little world. Oh, and she also likes to run away. If our gate is open, she's sure to go visit the neighbors. :)

Cass (age 6 weeks as of Tuesday) - Oh so attentive and communicative these days. Still an excellent sleeper. I wake up once in the night, if at all, depending on when we nurse the night before. Last night I fed her at a little after 11pm. She then woke up a little after 6am. So, I've gotten pretty good sleep with this little baby...she's been really nice to me. :) She's such a pretty little thing and has been doing so very well at the Asas office with me. She's super sweet and hardly ever cries...only at all the normal times (hungry, got poops, occasional fussing when going to sleep...although, rarely cries then...usually just goes to sleep). She coos and talks to you like crazy now. She loves some good eye contact and conversation. :)

And, that's the lowdown on my crew. Well, then there's the one who helped to make me a Mama. Thanks Babe (Joel that is...so funny...sometimes the kids will call him "Babe"). Love you lots and so glad to be co-parenting with you. :)

Now...pictures.

Such a crazy little girl!

Friday the school requested that the kids' mothers pick them up. It was so great...the kids were all outside their classrooms with special things taped on the walls. They were all looking as their moms came in with such excitement. They had some goodies for us.
The cute decorative flip flops, the balloons with their pictures on it, their handprints and a poem, and another little paper with sweet Mama stuff on it. I'll have to take the flip flops back to exchange, by the way...too small. To be honest, not sure they have shoes my size here...a friend of mine told me rarely will I find them. These ladies have small feet here (of course, on the average they are much shorter too). :) Hadley already tried to steal my flip flops anyway (I asked them where they were earlier and she sheepishly led me to her closet). If they don't have my size I'll just get her a pair. She loves the bling.
Getting some lovin' from my big kids. They were so proud of their gifts for me...and I loved them too. So fun.
And now some pictures of Cass.


Notice the not-so-nice-looking TB shot mark on her arm (still healing).




"Hmm, I think someone is taking pictures of me." :)


A little conversation with Mama.


And this is the way our baby sleeps. The mosquitoes are back. :)

7 comments:

Haley said...

They are all so cute! Grady always sounds like he has such a gentle spirit about him. I'm so jealous that Cass is such a good sleeper. I'm praying that our next one will be.

js said...

You have been so blessed (I know you already know). You pictures make me want more kids. Happy Mother's Day sweet friend. You amaze me with your grace and calmness with your kids. You are an incredible mom. Have a wonderful day!
BTW- thank you for your comments on my blog! Made my day.

Liz said...

No, you don't know me. I am friends with Gillian, and she told me about the church, and I have wanted to check it out, but I could not find it anywhere. I actually live in Shreveport until August, and I wanted to maybe check the church out while I was still close.

Stephanie said...

happy mothers day to you!

Anonymous said...

My Levi was like Eissa. Pooching out that little lip, then bursting into tears. He is so adorable, mischievious and smart!

Anonymous said...

Happy mothers day Michawn! Thanks for the run down on all the children and the pictures. I love to see them.
I read about your laundry woes. Can you use OMO on your diapers? Do you have good plastic bags ? Make some soapy water with OMO ( the best laundry detergent) pour it into a plastic bag where you've place a bunch of soiled clothes, tie it shut, put it in the sun for several hours till it's nice and warm then pour the clothes, OMO water and all into the wash machine. Tell me if clothes don't get cleaner.
Do you have the red dirt there? That often requires a bit of scrubbing along with the soak.
Does your house have screens on the windows? I sure hope so. Do you all sleep under netting? Much love Pam

Anonymous said...

Love the updates on each of your sweet kids! Happy Mother's Day!

~ Ali