Tuesday, April 22, 2008

1 Little, 2 Little...


Yeah, just 2 little Indians. :)

Apparently it was the day of the Indian or something last week...I never got the full story. But, Indians were celebrated. I'm not sure what the history of the Indians here in Brazil is, but do we celebrate Indians in the states...have an Indian day or anything? I don't know...may be a touchy area. Might not go over so well seeing as how we came and stole their land and made them live on all the crappy United States land and all. Anyway...

So the kids had an Indian feast at their school last week (they ate what the Indians eat/ate). Their teachers (or someone) made them these cute Indian clothes, they had necklaces made of yarn and pasta, and they each had another something fun (Grady had a stick made of our broom handle...and Hadley had a shaker made of a play-doh holder and probably beans, I didn't look...they danced with both). Joel said when he took them there was a big teepee/tent set up in the gym area. And then this is what came home to me at the end of the day. Too cute. They had a GREAT time!!

Apparently they didn't want to ride in the car...they ran all the way home. Seriously, I looked out the window and saw them coming and they looked just like on the movies...little Indians on the war path (for anyone who has seen Old Yeller, it was just like when little Arlis was pretending to be an Indian...Jared, you might be the only one who knows what I'm talking about:) ). It was so dadgum cute and fun. This is a picture of Grady in the distance.
My little squaw rounding the corner for home. :)
















7 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are the cutest things! Hadley ran out of her dress on the way home I noticed. Cute little things. All of Aunt Marilyn's family and our family will remember Arlis. This present generation have never seen any of those good movies. Such a shame. I remember you and Jared doing the burial scene. (I'm laughing) I think going to class is good for the kids. They seem to do good things. They seem very happy. They are so social and "busy" that this is good while learning Portuguese.
Love,
Mama

Unknown said...

Your kids are precious... I love reading your blog!
Melissa from ETBU

DyessFam said...

That looks like so much fun!!! I never remember or think to do fun stuff like that with Braden. Maybe when I start to homeschool and have a real calendar and curriculum that reminds me.....? By the way, you guys make the best kind of celebrities! To think, I KNOW you!!! (aaaaahhhhhh...that was supposed to be obsessed fan screaming.:)

Anonymous said...

Such cute indians!

~ Ali

Anonymous said...

just wanna say - I LOVE reading your blog!!! AND i cannot get over how cute you kids are! Hadley looks like a doll in these photos!!! soooo cute!!!

-melissa h.

Anonymous said...

I remember dressing up as Indians when I was in 4th grade or something. My best friend and I looked so much like Indians, that our pictures were in the paper!
My mom made my outfit, I had worn it for Halloween previously, and it was still in great condition--so cute.
I don't remember why I was in Indians clothes, I think we were learning about the Pilgrims and the Indians. It must have been around Thanksgiving.

js said...

So cute. They look like such good buddies. Having kids close in age is the way to go! You look great! How is everything going w/ 4?