Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ruined Diet

Yesterday afternoon some ladies from Asas de Socorro came over to visit me. They called last week to schedule it. I wasn't sure what to expect, but there were 13 ladies who came over with refreshments (i.e. sweets) and drinks (i.e. cokes) to just hang out, see the baby, and pay me a visit. How sweet that was! It was really fun. Seriously, there are some really great and really fun people within this organization. They all got here a little later in the afternoon, so couldn't stay long...lots of them had to go pick up children from school. But, it was a great time.

One of the ladies, as she arrived, said, "We are here to ruin your diet." :) I hadn't known they were bringing snacks, but there was no way I wasn't going to politely eat what they brought (only that one lady knew that I was restricting sweets). So, I decided to just thoroughly enjoy my time of snack-having since I had a great excuse. And, there was a fellow American who joined them who made scrumptious (and I mean scrumptious) oatmeal, peanut butter, and chocolate chip cookies...HELLO!!

Anyway, so we had a great time and then they left. The kids really enjoyed that they came by (we let them partake) and then we exercised. :) I was going to exercise while Joel played with the kids before bedtime, but those plans changed. The kids got SO VERY excited about exercising...Turbo Jam won out over Lincoln Logs last night. :) It was so funny. Grady was the coordinator it seemed...he was really into it and made sure everyone had their water (he's cautious like that...don't want any dehydration).

Now for some pictures...

Mmmm...and this was after almost everyone had left...there was lots more.
4 of the 13 ladies that were there. I completely forgot about taking pictures while the party was going on.
This lady to my right is so funny...she was careful to take her sunglasses off the top of her head for the 2nd picture. That's what we are all laughing about. She actually works in the dept. where I will be helping out at Asas, so I will see her alot soon. The other 2 ladies on the right of me are wives of Joel's fellow students. The lady on my left is the wife of one of the leaders here. They have been with Asas for many years.
Proof of exercise.
Yes, all the children were in there with me (Cass was awake in her bouncy seat on the couch). It can be done. It's a bit crazy, but it can be done.
We couldn't find the match to either of these shoes this morning, so yep...this is what she'll be wearing around here at home now. :) She loved her new pair of shoes, so no worries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give your self some grace! You showed your new friends kindness for being so thoughtful and loving! :) Plus, homemade treats who could resists! I think the workout pics of you and the kids are way too cute! :) You inspired me to try one week of no sweet treats! :)

~ Ali

Stephanie said...

you rock girl! if anyone can handle four kiddos and work out at the same time you can! amazing!