Sunday, April 27, 2008

O.L.

I want to ask you all to pray for someone very special. Lots of you know O.L. Some of you don't. But, we found out yesterday that he was involved in a really bad wreck around 3:30am Sat. morning. He was hit by a drunk driver and there were 3 cars involved. One of the drivers was killed.

They rescued O.L. out of the car with the Jaws of Life and took him to Good Shepherd (the hospital I used to work at in Longview). He had no internal injuries, but did break many bones and had to have surgery. Both legs and his pelvis were broken. One ankle was broken and one foot was crushed. One vertebra was broken. His left arm was broken in three places and is missing a section of bone.

As of the report I got yesterday, he was in ICU after surgery on a respirator. Our friends were there waiting for him to wake up.

It is truly a miracle that he didn't suffer more injuries than he did...and that he is even alive at all. We thank and praise God for protecting O.L. Please continue to pray with us that he would be healed and restored completely.

O.L. is SUCH a special friend to us. He is an AMAZING friend actually. Thank you for your prayers.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Whoa. Johan and I will pray.

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for OL's recovery. I know God has it all in His hand. Praise the Lord.

Anonymous said...

Wow, we will definitely be praying... by the way do you know his cell number or any other contact info? I would love to get in touch with him after he wakes up. Thanks for the news (even if it's sad).

Anonymous said...

I just sat and cried while reading this. We have had so many young people in horrible wrecks around here lately. Let me know how I can get in touch with him at Good Shepherd (if you know). I'm so grateful he lived to be a witness. I'll also pray for the drunk driver.
Love,
Mama

Steph said...

please keep us updated as soon as you have any news. i'll put him on the prayer list at church and on our e-mail prayer chain. remember when he used to dance like that old man in saline. heeelarious. all hunched over kinda goin in half circles...hard to explain but i can so see him doing that "old man" dance in our living room on 606 berkshire!!!

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying. :Let us know when you hear news.

~ Ali