Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Slackers That Just Don't Care

O.K., not really, but I'm sure that's how we seem to some of you. If you've emailed us and we haven't emailed back, we probably seem like that. If you haven't gotten comments on your blog from us, we probably seem like that. If you haven't even gotten a phone call from your brother on your birthday (Andre), we probably seem like that. In due time it will all get done. You will get your reply emails, some comments, and even a phone call (or some sort of communication). ;)

I just wanted to let you know that we do care. We love each and every one of you and love to get your emails and blog comments. We think of you and pray for you often, even if we don't always communicate often. This blog is all I've had time to do lately though. And I figure it reaches everyone (that is interested)...a blanket communication with pictures and all. So, it's important to keep it up. But, just wanted to let you know that just because you may not have heard from us personally doesn't mean that we aren't still engaged. I still read blogs (while I'm eating breakfast, so that I can keep up with you all), I still read emails and blog comments, and I also just generally think of you...just so you know. Anyhoo, thought I'd let you know a few things that are going on around here...

**Joel has been flying a good bit lately (and needs to blog himself, I know). He's doing well. He is supposed to go on a cross country flight this afternoon if weather permits. For those of you who don't know (I didn't when Joel first started flying), this doesn't mean actually across the country or anything. :) It's just an extended flight. Today they plan to go to 5 different airports and do maneuvers at each. It'll be a long afternoon and he'll get home late. Things are progressing though, so that's good.
**I am about to start going to Asas Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to help out. That is my alternative to the kids' school. Instead of going there to learn/practice/be around Portuguese, I will be going to the Asas headquarters. It's all the great benefits of the school (except being down the hall from my kids), plus I will just be able to be around the Asas folks...get to know our organization even better. I start May 5th.
**I started doing a modified form of Weight Watchers yesterday. I say modified because Eliane has been cooking lunch for us basically every day (a perk to leaving all things familiar and going to another country I'd say). I'm going to definitely keep taking advantage of this. For the most part, everything she makes is basic anyway. It's delicious, but what I mean by basic is just that there are no big creamy casseroles for the most part...no pre-prepared/canned/packaged things. Usually the foods we have would fit into the Core list of Weight Watchers anyway. I'm not having sweets and will be starting the exercising soon, so it should be fine. I just have to keep an eye on how much I eat...I'm still a bit ravenous it seems. But, I'm ready to get skinny, so hopefully it will all balance out.
**Someone asked me in the last post how having 4 is so far. The answer is that it's not really any different as of yet. I mean, I have to schedule in nursing time and that can get pretty hairy at times when others need something or Eissa is getting into things or we really should be leaving to go somewhere. But other than that, no huge changes. It's always been that way for me though. Hard to see a big change until they really start making their presence known through bigger things...bigger than sleeping, crying occasionally, nursing, and pooping. Yes, we have really "good" babies, but I also think that the "good" part has alot to do with their environments and the structure of their days. I'll talk more about that in another post soon. But, having 4 is great. It is busier already of course, but we are loving it. It's really been fun and the kids are still loving their new little baby.

Alright, that's enough ramblings for today. And speaking of that new little baby, here are a couple of pictures...

We went to the young married couples meeting last night for the first time in ages. The older 3 stayed home and slept while we took Cass. Although oh so cute in her little Brazilian outfit, this kept happening, poor girl. :)

Starting to wake up.
Hugged in between 2 pillows...this is where she does her best sleeping.
Going in for the stretch.
Starting to wake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable photos, of course.
I totally understand the juggling act of many children.
But, it doesn't have to be hectic. I'm so glad to know you use Baby Wise. It is just too difficult otherwise.
Love you!

And you are completely excused for not responding--I mean really! You just had a baby!

Wendy said...

Love all of the pictures that you have been posting. They are too cute!!!Don't be hard on yourself for being hungry. Nursing is the best excuse in the world for eating a little extra. Plus, your extra is healthy stuff!!! So glad all is well. Praying for all of you!