Friday, April 11, 2008

Joelisms


Joel has always made me smile (or fall out laughing, whichever) with his expressions and way of saying things sometimes. He is a wealth of entertainment anyway...he has such a great sense of humor and makes me laugh constantly. But, it's especially cute and funny when he's not even trying to make me laugh and he comes out with what we refer to as "Joelisms." Here are a few examples:

Once before we were married (I don't think we were even "dating" yet) and I was living with the Graves, he was over at their house doing something. Me, Joel, and Nicole were at the front door and I have no idea what we were talking about. But, Joel for some reason said something about ballet shoes. The funny part is that he pronounced them bal-let shoes. Me and Nicole thought is was so cute, and so funny.

I don't wear perfume, but I do like me a good Bath and Body lotion and body spray. My favorite remains Warm Vanilla Sugar...mmm, mmm. Well, I started getting that scent probably before I even knew Joel. After we were married, of course I had some. But, I also had this lip balm stuff that stayed on my nightstand...it was vanilla-scented. I apply lip balm every night before bed. One night, I was putting it on and Joel said (note: he meant to say Warm Vanilla Sugar), "Mmm, I smell Vanilla Butter Hot."

Just a few weeks ago, we were discussing something that I don't remember in the least now. But, I do remember what Joel said. We had come to the conclusion in this discussion and concerning whatever we were talking about that we would be "back to square 1" if such and such happened. Well, Joel is the one who actually came to this conclusion and boldly declared that "we would be back to square zero."

And, the most recent Joelism...

The other night I was acting in some neurotic (key word) sort (probably something to have to do with a toilet...we all know my "interesting" obsessions). We were having fun though and Joel was laughing at me. In between laughs he announced, "You are so narcotic!!"

Joel's got lots of vocabulary going on in there...2 languages worth to be exact (along with some Spanish too). So, he always deserves the benefit of the doubt and it is understandable that he would get a word or 2 wrong every now and then. But, I have to say that that knowledge does nothing in lessening the hilarity of it.

"You are so narcotic?!?!?"

Oh, I love my husband.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I am cracking up..out loud!! I so remember! SO cool God gave you your "HE IS BEAUTIFUL" man and threw in the Joelisms to keep you laughing...you narcotic woman!

Rebecca said...

This made me laugh. My husband is the same way! He doesn't have as good of an excuse with the whole language thing - he was this way before we ever learned Spanish, and he did grow up speaking the English language exclusively. My favorite was the time he was trying to say "faux-pas" but he said "foo-bah!" Makes me laugh every time I think about it. He makes me cringe when he tries to throw in "smart" words when speaking in public - he usually doesn't really understand the meaning of the word...but he's so endearing and cute nobody even seems to notice :-)

BTW, congratulations on the new baby!! What a doll! And you have me intrigued with Bella Bands and those baby slings for our next pregnancy/baby!

Becca

Matt and Meredith said...

That's funny

Leah said...

So hilarious.
Once, at a wedding, Ronnie was reading a letter from the groom to the bride. It said something about her "great beauty."
Ronnie said "Great booty!"

It was just at the right moment when everyone was near tears. The crowd burst into laughter, and the bride was laughing hysterically while pointing to her husband saying, "You wrote 'booty' didn't you!"

Stephanie said...

That is so funny! Makes Joel so lovable!