Saturday, June 28, 2008

Straight Out Of Pollyanna



What's that you ask? Let me explain.

Remember the scene in the Disney movie, Pollyanna, where Pollyanna and Jimmy Bean get caught by Mr. Pendergast and go in his house? They are talking and all of a sudden Pollyanna blurts out "How'd you do that?" When she points to what she's talking about, it is a moving little rainbow on his wall...made from "prisms" hanging on a lamp in his house.

Well, a few days ago the kids were playing in their playroom. They have a mini-Tupperware set that they were playing with at the time...they were "fixing lunch." They brought their little Tupperware pitcher in the kitchen and I usually don't let them get real water, but this time I obliged. In a little bit I went in there to check on them. When I went in, they had a towel from the bathroom and were wiping up water. They somehow didn't get it all and missed a huge spot on the table. I was about to bring out the Mama voice and tell them to wipe the table when Grady blurted out "How did Jesus do that?" I saw where his eyes were looking and looked myself and there was our own little prism moment.

Rather than a rainbow it was just a little twinkle of light on the ceiling, but it was really cool. The water on the table was being hit by the sun just right so as to make a shiny spot on our ceiling. It was really neat. And I thought it especially great that Grady is always prompt to give credit where credit is due. ;)

It's also a reminder that sometimes some great things come in unexpected ways and we always need to be on the lookout for the unexpected. We almost missed that little unexpected fun that morning. But I'm glad we didn't. Thanks for looking up, Grady.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bye the way, all of you Michawn friends, Pollyanna is REQUIRED watching!!
Nena