Wednesday, June 04, 2008

A Glimpse of My Time at Asas These Days

Gillian just did a great post about some of the aspects of Asas here. She did a great job of explaining things and telling some things that we've probably never told. Check it out.

I also have some pictures to share that have been taken in the past month. So, here they go. Enjoy.

Me and my friend Neila. We were cleaning dental instruments that day. Just a little insignificant info., but Neila has the best laugh ever.

Laying them out to dry.
Another day at Asas. Where is baby?
I was sorting medications. Cass was snoozing hard.
Every 2 weeks the ladies of Asas have a meeting/get-together/playtime. ;) Someone different is in charge of each meeting, so it really spices it up. Sometimes there is a speaker, sometimes more of a little seminar about something, just whatever. This meeting the coordinators really did something interesting I thought...and very practical for us. We met at the airport first and got a little run-down of the airplane and aviation lingo. It was pretty cool.
Look at that cutie...the youngest participant in the ladies' meeting. ;)
We went to one of the ladies' house after the airport (she lives right next to the Asas headquarters) and played some get-to-know-you games. Then we ended the day with a craft. What is that? So annoying. Why do all women's groups insist on doing crafts? Why can't we play a game of pick-up basketball, you know? :) Seriously though...NOT crafty. Me and another girl were joking around about how it is apparently a pre-requisite for being a missionary lady...they should've had it as part of our candidacy, right? I would've failed that part for sure. Anyhoo, yes...the usual craft time...we made boxes.

8 comments:

kris said...

ha ha ha!
a while back angela and i went to a MOPS group to check it out and what do you know??? they ended the meeting with a craft...a smelly candle. we were like 'oh my god, get me out of here!' and we just left. i hate crafts!

Wendy said...

Laughing at the craft comment!! If its not a kid's craft---not interested!!

Anonymous said...

Fun seeing you at Asas working! Love seeing your fun baby wrap thing! Sweet Cass must love being in it!

~ Ali

PS You are very creative "crafty" with your blog and photography! :)

Matt and Meredith said...

I think when it is your turn to plan a girls meeting you should have a pick up basketball game. That would be hilarious. Or, you could teach them all how to start a blog. : ) Better yet, you could teach them how to eat healthy or have a baby naturally. : ) So many ideas are just flowing to me..... Ha!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful how some of us hate crafts as much as others love it?!! lol
Some day I expect a book authored by you as you are gifted at expressing yourself. I am grateful for all the blogs and pix.
When will it be your turn to plan the get together? Meredith has some great suggestions. Pam

Anonymous said...

Michawn, I'm afraid I might have influenced you as a child growing up. I have never been and never will be a crafty person. I loved to sew but did not want anything to do with crafts. By the way, speaking of that, when you, Jared and Tucker decide to put me away in a nursing home, make sure they know I do not like crafts and insist that they DO NOT make me participate in that activity. :) So snuggly with Cass.
Love,
Mama

Anonymous said...

Maybe it is inherited.
So, what did you do with your box! :)
Love y'all!
Aunt Marilyn

Your writing and photograpy is very creative and we all enjoy it! And you could write a book using your entries and pictures!

Anonymous said...

Michawn, I feel for you...really. I love to do crafts, but hate when they are 'cheesy.'
I can do the crafts. I'm just not very good at teaching the crafts. I get frustrated when someone looks at me with a completely blank face like they don't understand a word I've said. Frustrated because I wish I could get in their brains and help them understand.

Funny how God made us all so different. I know I've looked at people like that before and they've probably wanted to get inside my head and sort things out too!