Tuesday, June 03, 2008

State Fair - Part 2

Alrighty peeps...the 2nd and final installment of the State Fair pictures. Enjoy!!

Now that's a big ole bull. Yikes.

They had a mister there (a fan that mists...not talking about a mister as in a man).
Such a great prop, right? So fun.
I asked him to pretend he was really on a bucking bull and told him to show me the face he'd make. :) Yeah right. So silly, that boy.


Now this kind of store looks very familiar to lots of you, doesn't it? Seriously, that day it really did feel like I was back in Louisiana/Texas again.
Taking a little nursing break.
Me with my little nurser.
They were giving out free samples of doce de leite (portuguese for the spanish dulce de leche). This little chic had it all over her. It was so funny to watch her walking down the streets so intently focused on her little sample cup, not wanting to do anything else but lick on the little plastic stick used to scoop out the sample goods. In fact, look in the picture of her bull-riding again...got the stick to her mouth. It was hard to get her to look up at me to take the picture. She had much more important things to do. :)






Baby pony.

Joel and I both agreed...this one was into the grunge look. Seriously, her hair was scrunched up and part of it down in her face...I don't know...it just looked grunge. I'm pretty sure she was even sporting a little tude. She was cool.
More ponies.

Then we walked up onto a great horse show (and cows). Ahh...memories of 4-H back in the day. It was so great...and I was even able to educate the kiddos on what was going on. They found it very interesting...you can always tell that when they actually ask you questions about it all.



The family (Cass still in her carseat in the stroller...poor girl...not much camera time).

The kids enjoying the show.
This was the VIP area apparently. That seemed to be the big cheese sitting there on that couch. I'm not sure why...maybe we were accidentally sitting in the VIP section...but, the little waiter dude came out and told us there were goodies in there we were welcome to and to bring the kiddos. We didn't argue with him. ;)
These were the goodies.



Thirsty little pink thing.
These big mama pigs had pressure sores on their shoulders. Hello...that's pretty lazy, wouldn't you say? At first I thought that they couldn't get up from their position, but not true...Joel told me they can. They just don't I guess. I don't know...maybe there's another explanation, but I don't feel too sorry for them if they are just being lazy. Anyway...cute little baby piggies.
We left the pig building and walked a ways down. We were on our way to the next display and I looked back to find this? I had no idea what she was doing at the time, but now that I'm looking at the pictures, was she imitating an animal she just saw? Who knows...she's pretty unpredictable, this one.


Mmm, yummy fence.
WARNING: The next 3 pictures might disturb some people. But, #1, I found these displays to be interesting period...maybe it is the nurse in me. #2, I found it to be very interesting that they were even there. #3, just another awe-inducing visual of what babies look like when they get aborted (the 3 months one at least).
They told Joel that these babies were just donated after they had been born prematurely. So sad. This one was born at 3 months gestation.
This one spent 7 months in the womb.
Another picture of the 3 month one.
Mid-sentence, obviously. Bad picture of me, but good picture of the fair itself.
We left the fair and ended out the day with a run to Mickey D's. We met Marcelo there. They have a great playground at that one and we brought our dessert from the fair. Mmmm!
Gotta love candied apples from the fair.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brings back many, mnny memories of the cow barn at the Louisiana State Fair. I remember the time a huge bull got lose and ran through the barn. I just knew it was going to run over you, Michawn. But Douglas swooped you up before he hit you. I have pictures of you and Jared walking together through the barn. Lots of fun memories.
Love,
Mama

Anonymous said...

Great pics of your fun family trip to the State Fair! Cracks me up...seeing all the similarities between here and there!

Those sweet babies that were born premature...so heartbreaking for the families. But, it really does show that life begins earlier than some people believe!

~ Ali

Anonymous said...

Wow! Many memories come back seeing the pictures.
Thanks so much for sharing them.
Very Very interesting.

Dad Ebersole

Stephanie said...

Great pic of you eating your candied apple.