Thursday, July 31, 2008

Back To Life

...Back to reality. Back to the here and now, yeah. Sing it with me now.

Has it really been almost 2 weeks since I last posted?!?!?!? WOW! That's never happened. But, it was a combo of things really...
1. Joel was gone, I was a single parent...that is reason enough, but there were other things...
2. Ariel and Gillian were here and when I usually have time to blog (when the kids are down for the night), I had other things to do instead...mostly fun movie nights, but also looking at old pictures and talking into the wee hours of the morning...every single night.
3. We also traveled a couple of days (just day trips) while Joel was gone...I got a sitter and me, Gillian, Ariel, and Cass went to see a couple of the sights.
4. We were totally and completely without internet for about 5-6 days (at least) of that, so of course that would hinder posting, now wouldn't it?
5. Joel got back Sunday morning. Gillian, Ariel, Cass, and I left Monday to go on a little girl vacation. We got back yesterday afternoon.

So, as you can see, it's been a full 2 weeks. I will gradually fill you in on it all and show pictures of our time.

My cousins left this morning. (insert boo hoo hoo here) It was SO GREAT to have them both here. Gillian was here for a total of 9 weeks...it was SUCH a special time. We will (do) miss her so much. Ariel was able to come for 2 weeks...such a fun time. It was so great to have them both here...did I already say that? :) Anyway, I know that they are going to be glad to be back home...esp. when they bite into their beloved IHOP meal tonight. I'm a little jealous of IHOP with friends and family. :) I'll be OK. (sniff sniff) :)

Seriously, onto another subject but kind of related I guess...we are back to routines and schedules and normal life, but also back to healthy living. I'll be posting about it soon on my other blog, so stay tuned if you are interested. I basically took a 2 month break from my weight-losing, but am back in full force soon. Like I said, more on that later.

Joel came back Sunday. Seriously, I always say this after Joel has been gone for any amount of time (whether it's 3 days or 2 weeks), but HATS OFF to all those single parents out there...I completely despise it. Enough said. Joel had a great trip and more on that later too. Thanks for praying.

Eliane is doing much better (last post...motorcycle wreck). Thanks for praying for her. She had to go to the burn hospital all last week every day to get her road rash cleaned, but she is back to work this week. She has bandages on her arm, but is doing just fine.

Pray for my cousins as they are in flight as I type. They will arrive in Louisiana around 10pm tonight. Thanks.

Taken Sunday night after church...me, Gillian, Ariel.
Being complete travel dorks. Taken about 5am this morning...we had stayed up all night.
What tourists!
One last girl pic for the road.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

So glad you are back. Seriously missed checking in on you guys. So happy for you that since you couldn't come home yet, a lil bit of home was brought to you;) Girl vacation sounds like a blast. Glad that everyone is doing well.

Anonymous said...

Sniff sniff sweetie. I'm so glad you had some girl time with your sweet "girls". I know you will miss them. Love you. Gail

Gillian Day Hough said...

sniff sniff.....I miss yall already.....IHOP was GREAT. A bunch of people surprised me and showed up to have a late night breakfast (or super early whichever you want to say)! I am home now and about to hit the sack!

js said...

Welcome back! Such cute girls.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome 2 weeks! Glad Joel is home for you and the kids! Sounds like some awesome sister cousin girl time! Loved the pics!

~ Ali