Sunday, July 06, 2008

Flamboyant!

(FYI: Updates to come...on "family planning" topic and also some news with us here at Asas...future plans.)

Yesterday was YA-HA-HA awesome. Ahh...so full and tiring too, but not nearly as tiring as my days here at the house. Funny how that is.

We had a total girls' day, me and Gillian (and Cass). We went to my favorite place here in this area...well, favorite in the category of what reminds me most of home. We went to the mall in Goiania (the name of it is Flamboyant, hence the title).

This mall reminds me of the Galleria. Yeah, it's pretty dadgum nice. You will see in one of the pictures Gillian took. In fact, for more pictures and her take on it, go to her blog (link on sidebar).

Anyway, it was fabulous. We got to the mall and went to watch a movie, grabbed a bite to eat, went to the bookstore and just veg'd for an hour (my idea of one part of heaven...reading uninterrupted and people-watching while drinking a nice chocolatey coffee drink). Cass is of course the perfect baby, so none of this was a problem...she just went with it. After my hour of bookstore was up, we went to get our hair and nails done.

We each had one lady on fingernails, one lady on toenails, and a guy doing our hair the whole time. At one point I even had 2 guys drying my hair...one on each side of my head. I felt like I was in "hair and makeup" on a movie set or something. :)

After we felt thoroughly pampered we headed home. The day was yet to be done though. We had a wedding to go to.

Yep, it was a full and fabulous day. You can see for yourself. And you WON'T want to miss the display of astounding cuteness in the video at the very end (you'll have to tilt your head...don't know how to rotate a video).

Cass just hung out for the first 1/3 of the movie, then I fed her, then she played and pooped, then diaper change, then yeah...she was out. All of that basically without any peep out of her.
I should've thought to get a shot of her watching the movie (I'm sure that huge screen and surround sound were a bit overwhelming). But, no...just the credits. I think she enjoyed her first movie experience. ;)
Trying to find her thumb...but it's her right hand...she never finds that one.

We spent a month in Dallas a couple of years ago...lived right down the road from the Galleria there. Me and the kids went often (they had a great indoor play area) and I knew that mall very well by the end of our stay. I think this mall is even bigger than the Galleria in Dallas...and super nice.
Gillian's before shots.

Pampering in full effect.
After shots.

And now, the out-of-this-world cuteness!! (see below...this was taken while in the waiting area of the salon...oh, and I wasn't even touching her...no tickling or anything like that involved)
She drew quite the crowd. The stylists there really got a kick out of it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cass has to be one of the prettiest babies I've ever seen!! So cute!! Love the belly laughs. And I'm not prejudiced either. :~)
Gillian looks really pretty! What a fun day. Did you get your hair done, Michawn? Didn't get a picture of you. Gotta go. I keep stopping my schoolwork. Just 9 more days and I can just visit again!
Love,
Mama

Anonymous said...

Oh I just can't STAND it!!! Cass is too cute for words with her belly laugh! I have a 5 month old and he does a lot of laughing, but noooothing like Cass! Your kids seem to be the laughingest, smiliest little ones I have ever seen! How lovely :)

Matt and Meredith said...

How fun! Glad you had a fun day and that God has blessed you with such an easy baby. She is precious!!!!! Gillian's hair looks awesome.

Stephanie said...

that video is so cute! Can't wait for Daniel to that. Where is your before and after shots?

Wendy said...

Such a sweet video!! I was wondering if she thinks that Portugese is that funny;)

Anonymous said...

Aw, man. I missed the family planning discussion awhile back. I had to scroll back and read it all.

I just really loved what Jaynee had to share about her experiences. If anyone has earned the right to talk, it is Jaynee. :) She is always such an encouragement and a blessing to me on the matters of faith (in all ways, not just with children.) So, thanks, Jaynee. :)

Since you're going to post on the topic soon, I'll just say for my part...if you are seeking the Lord He will never lead you wrong. And you are seeking!

Hey...your little Cass sure is growing. They're all so beautiful!

js said...

Oh girlfriend, what a treat! I forgot about you living so close to the Galleria. What is it about being at the mall that is so wonderful...food, clothes, coffee drinks, movies..... what more could a girl ask for. I'm so glad you had a day to refresh. I know as a mom of 4 needed it.

Anonymous said...

Oh - You look like such a nice family. If only I could swap you for the one that lives down the road from us

Unknown said...

hilarious video!