Saturday, July 05, 2008

Juno, Alaska

O.K., not really.

Have you seen this movie? I highly recommend. It's so cute and quirky...I love cute and quirky. If you don't, stay away, that's for sure.

There are parts that aren't so great, but nothing that you even have to fast-forward (only one really and it's super quick...probably too quick for you to press fast-forward through). And, what movie today doesn't have a couple of not-so-great parts, right?

But, seriously, I just love this movie. This is the movie that we were trying to go see since like January. We wanted to go see it every time I had an OB appt. in Goiania, but it just never happened. Well, in April I think, Joel was able to download it onto our computer (yes, legally...I think), so we now have it to watch at any time. Woohoo.

It is so very cute and so witty. I LOVE the dialogue these characters have...the language they use. It's stinkin' hilarious. I want to talk like that (minus any cussing and vulgarity).

But, I think the thing that most stuck with me is how the parents react. If you don't know, Juno is the girl in the picture...in high school, pregnant, not married. When she told her parents, they were just super cool about it. Obviously they weren't thrilled, but they moved on quickly and were very supportive. I don't plan on any of my girls (or boys) being in this situation (in the name of Jesus! :) ), but IF it happens (people make mistakes all the time), I hope to emulate the parents in this movie. Seriously, super cool.

So, there is your movie review for today. Just thought I'd take a short breather from all the pictures...there will be more for your viewing pleasure tomorrow and in the days to come.

Juno: 2 big thumbs up

3 comments:

Haley said...

I loved that movie, too. So funny.

Matt and Meredith said...

I hated that movie. : ) Matt and I were looking forward to it and it had so much hype but we were sooo disappointed. There were a few parts we thought were pretty funny but overall we were disappointed. There's my movie review for the day. : )

Jill Roberts said...

Mark and I just watched this movie this weekend. I loved it as well. Funny, I thought the same thing as you about the parents. I hope that "heaven forbid" one of my kids make the mistake that I will handle it in a similiar manner.