Monday, December 17, 2007

The Lost Box

Funny how you don’t really miss something for a while, but then all of a sudden you need it and it hits you...

When we were moving from Kilgore, TX to Saline, LA last year in November, we had already gone to Saline and Joel had to go back to Kilgore and get some of our last few things in boxes. Well, he has no idea how because he is a really good packer and really knows how to secure things well...but, one of the boxes fell out of the truck we were using. He stopped along the way twice to just check the baggage I believe so he was able to narrow it down to a certain spot where it was lost. He even back-tracked, but most of the section where it possibly fell out happened to be in downtown Shreveport...along I-20. So, I’m sure if someone saw a box in the middle of the road, they probably just picked it up before Joel had a chance to make it back.

Well, up until about a month ago we were really unsure of what exactly was in that box. But, again, when the time comes that you need something, you become well aware of what you don’t have. There are 3 things that were in that box that I am now missing in my life...

1) my Bradley method workbook from the class that we took when I was pregnant with Hadley
2) my “Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way” book
3) my black Weight Watchers bag full of ALL my Weight Watchers stuff, including my lifetime membership card and the info. about points, etc.

Now, the Weight Watchers stuff is not of immediate necessity or anything, obviously. But, all those Weight Watchers people out there, you know what a treasure that was. You can’t get that stuff anywhere else...it’s like they put “top secret” on it or something. :-)

The other 2 things would REALLY come in handy right now though. Obviously I’ve done the whole Bradley birth thing twice already...so some of you might be wondering why I would even feel the need to re-read. But, those books are great inspiration and motivation for me...great reminders of why I choose that way in the first place. Plus, a good review in any area of life is always a good thing.

I’m sure there were other great things in that box. I’m sure that eventually other things that we are missing will be found out. Funny that it took a year to realize, but some things truly are seasonal. If I wasn’t pregnant now, I probably still wouldn’t know what was in that box. :-)

2 comments:

Leah said...

I'll send you my copy of 'Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way."
I'll try to send it on Wednesday.

Haley said...

I would love to talk to you sometime about the whole childbirth thing. Things didn't go according to plan with Eva but I'd love to try again with the next one. I had heard about the Bradley method, but not until like 3-4 weeks before my due date... Anyway, that was a lot of information. But I would love to talk to you about it sometime.