Saturday, December 22, 2007

Is This Not The Coolest Thing Ever?

If the previous 2 posts have seemed to be a bit of a downer (as far as babies go), you will be picked right back up in this post. Joy, joy, and more joy...

Yep, Tuesday God gave me a big ultrasound lollipop. I've never had a 3D ultrasound before. If you just can't wait, the video is down below...then come back up and read about it all. :-)

We went in the little room and the technician set the ultrasound machine all up for the doctor. I was hoping for the guy that did my ultrasound last time, at 13 weeks...the one who spoke English and was so nice. He wasn't there. The radiologist Tuesday was nice, but was quick and didn't speak much English (it's not like I'm expecting people to speak English here...it's just a bonus when it happens). He came in, ran through his measurements really quickly, and then he was done. I thought we were through. But, then the technician sits back down. We had no idea what she was doing...what was left to do. But, she proceeds to go to the 3D mode and lets us just watch our baby for at least 15 minutes. It was so super great.

I am now 26 1/2 weeks. The baby is looking great and is measuring 32 cm (which is 12.6 inches). The heart rate at the beginning of the ultrasound was 133, but at one point the technician was trying to get the baby to move more and was kind of shaking my belly a bit...by the end the heart rate was 159. :-) The part of the video that we shared below won't show this, but this baby's feet are big...the technician ran over the baby's feet, made a noise, and went back for a double take. It was so funny. But, on both sides of Joel's family feet run pretty big. And, although my mom's side doesn't have abnormally large feet, my Daddy's feet are long and skinny...probably runs in his family too. Joel and I both inherited the big feet thing and are apparently both carriers as well. :-) Funny.

The more I watch the video, the more I think he/she looks like Grady. Grady had a pretty square jaw when he was born and this baby looks like that to me. But, they all look similar...just fun to observe things like that. And of course, this baby is not completely developed yet, so who knows. I THINK I can see a slight dimple in his/her little cheek, but you know...we'll see when the baby gets here what he/she really has and what he/she really looks like. Tuesday was fun though...that's for sure. LOVED it!! Hope you enjoy seeing too.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Okay, honestly, those things freak me out.
They have there cute moments, but the distortion of the baby always freaks me out.
I'm not having one. I can see plenty from the old antiquated ones!
Your baby looks absolutely adorable. I loved that trying to nurse on the placenta. You wont have any trouble getting this baby latched!

Amanda said...

I think the baby's a boy. Let's just see if I'm right or wrong. It's fun to guess, and Grady needs a bro.

Matt and Meredith said...

That was sooooo cooool!!!!!! Amazing. I'm so excited for you guys having another child.