Sunday, December 30, 2007

A Horse Of Course

This is kind of a weird post, but I thought it was funny. It dawned on me in the shower the other night (that's where I do my best thinking...it's quiet you know) that it's so appropriate that I am my Daddy's daughter. Let me explain...

Daddy loves horses. We've always had horses. At times we would be down to about 3 or so horses, but then other times we'd have 27 or so of them grazing down in the pasture in front of our house. My brothers and I all rode them, showed them in 4-H, etc. Jared even became a veterinarian and has horses of his own. So, the farm life and horses are near to all of us.

So, it was just so funny the other night when it popped into my head...I am like a horse. :-) Again, let me explain...

Most female horses give birth once a year. :-) As do lots of farm animals, they give birth every spring. Now, their pregnancies usually last about 11-12 months, so I'd say they are working a little harder than me (although their "toddlers" aren't usually needing major supervision). But, yeah...just thought it was a funny thought.

Out of all the horses Daddy's raised, I must be his favorite...surely. ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are too funny! and yesi'm quite positive you are your dad's favorite! i'm up late checking out my blogs i haven't been reading so i thought i'd comment about your christmas pics.....too cute and too fun! i actually made a marble cake at Brian's dad's Christmas night:)...home/water birth...He provides and He's listening...amazing huh!

i have to buy matt a hot chocolate w/ whip cream every afternoon on our break between ski runs....it warms her up!

Anonymous said...

that previous post was from me, Steph

fyi today was brian's bday...he's 35! he actually has been getting to aki on his b-day for the last 6 years! couldn't ask for anything better he says. we are even getting to ski w/ our old church from groves! it's fun getting to spend time w/ them.

Anonymous said...

I love Steph's comments. She is so cute. I have great plans for them being our youth leaders at Magnolia. I'm not sure what God's plans are but I'm sure He is in there somewhere.:) Michawn, I'm worried that sometimes you are close to certifiable!:) But, yes, I'm sure you are Douglas' favorite horse!:) and daughter!:) I bought you the book "A Horse, of Course!" on August 12, 1977, a Hallmark "Guess Who" Play-Time book that I have read many times to Grady and Hadley. They have really enjoyed it as you and Jared and Tucker did. The last page no longer has a flap and does have tape. I'm glad you are giving us so many grandchildren. Children have always been so special in our family - we've never been without them! They just keep coming! We've been so blessed! We love y'all! Even from afar!

Leah said...

You're so funny. I have a friend who had 6 children in 7 years. Her baby will be 1 and her oldest 8 in January. She's not having any more, though.
So, I must say that I am sort of jealous about your home birth story. My prayer was that God would give me a hospital birth with a doctor who would delivery me naturally, but here in the Houston area, doctors cringe and the thought that I've had 4 cesareans already.
I am resigned to a cesarean, if that is Gods will, but I am completely okay with going in at home, alone, if he so chooses to put me into labor before that scheduled date.
Shhhhh.... don't tell my parents. They have no faith!