Monday, December 03, 2007

The Joel and Michawn Story - Part 14


He had a meeting scheduled with Daddy? O.K., I was keeping focused, I was staying guarded, BUT HELLO!! I sort of knew what that implied.

Joel left out of the house and I RAN to Nicole, jumping the whole way. She met me halfway down the hall...she had heard most of what was said (she said she'd been straining her ears...so funny) and was already jumping herself (she had actually been in on the whole thing...had to do some major undercover work trying to find my parents' phone number for Joel to call my dad). We jumped to her room and jumped on the bed. :) It was quite a sight I'm sure. I just kept saying, "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" It was so much fun. I had stayed so guarded and so on track...it felt good to just be giddy for a few minutes now that we were seemingly in the home stretch of it all.

I did go to Saline the next night. Then Joel came that next day. It was really kind of weird. I went and picked up my little brother from school and we just hung out at my Granny's since I knew that Joel was coming and meeting Daddy after school. Daddy joked around with Joel about being there to sell him some Amway or something...then they chased a mouse around the house together (nice...talk about an icebreaker). Joel didn't ask about marriage...he simply asked permission "to pursue my heart."

I went home after a while and then me and Joel went to get a sno-cone. We went to the dam at the lake and discussed things. Joel always talks about how that is such a special place...where it all began basically. We didn't say we were getting married, we didn't talk about getting married, we didn't make plans for marriage...but, we both knew that would be the end result. That all happened Sept. 22, 2000.

By the way, when Joel had talked to his parents that night about the "no," he asked them to pray about it again. They told him they didn't need to pray about it anymore, that they felt perfect peace. They were just waiting for him to feel peace about it.

So, it all began. More to come in Part 15.

2 comments:

Leah said...

I hope you know you are now the blog I look at every. single. day.
I love this story, and read part 13 to Ronnie last night. He said it's no surprise to him that you are such a good story teller.
I can't wait to read this one to him.
So exciting!

Anonymous said...

I'm jumping up & down on my bed too!

One of my favorite movies/books is Sense & Sensibility. Ever seen it? Throughout the entire story, Elinor is in love with Edward...but she's so guarded & proper that she NEVER lets anyone else know of her true feelings. IT'S AGONY. When I watch the movie, my heart hurts for her (with hope & anticipation, but disappointment at times too). I get almost the exact same feeling when I'm reading your story.

Way to stick it out with patience & wisdom!

-Crystal