Saturday, August 04, 2007

Single Parent Life

I hate it. :) Seriously, I hate it with a passion. Everytime Joel is gone for a few days, I realize just how blessed I am...and how hard single parents work (esp. when they have very small children). I mean, for instance, Joel does baths. He has his things that he always does and I have mine. It's incredible the amount of work it adds to your day when one of us is not here to do "our jobs." It is so dadgum exhausting. And, for heaven's sake, I have help (Priscilla). It just isn't the same though. "Help" and your actual spouse, the father of your children...not the same. Anyhoo, we are doing well though. I'm tired, but we've had a great couple of days.

Joel called tonight also and said they had reached their final destination for the night. They flew all day and despite headwinds, were able to make it to Para (the state...I think that's where he said they were...you can see it on the map from yesterday). They will probably battle headwinds the whole way, so it is definite now that they won't be here until Monday. But, they are having a good and safe trip. Joel is taking pictures, so we'll have some things to show you when he gets back.

Alrighty, it's 9:15 and I still haven't had supper...eeesh! So, over and out.

No comments: