Monday, August 13, 2007

Lazy Summer Days

http://www.slate.com/id/2171917/?gt1=10346

So Saturday I looked up on the web what the weather was like in Saline. The trusty web promptly told me the scoop. It was a blazing 102 degrees in Saline on Saturday. The heat index said it felt like 126 degrees, with a humidity of 51%. I know that some of my family was at the lake...smart, smart people. It was a great day for it...that or definitely staying in the air conditioned house. Anyway, that same day this (the link above) was on the MSN webpage. Funny. I was so craving some that day too, so I decided to read it. It's so true and gosh I love that stuff.

Funny the images stuck in the your mind and the feelings that get brought back to you with just a thought or the sound of a song. I used to LOVE the time of year came when the commercial advertising something called Summertime Lemonade (I think...commercials don't really work too good with me...I can never remember the product). Every year when that commercial started to circulate, I knew summer time was on the horizon. Ahhhh! My favorite time of year. The commercial had a nice little lazy tune and opened up with some kids in their cut-offs jumping off a dock into a nice steamy pond. It went on to show several glorious summer scenes. The peace and joy that commercial would bring me as school wrapped up and I knew that lake times were coming.

So, today here is to sweet tea, summer, and the lake. And hopefully you people in the south are getting some relief.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

IT WAS HOT!!! It did get to 102. Tucker and I went to the lake long enough to eat a cheeseburger -mmm. He was going to a dance at NSU that night and we came on back home. There was a breeze at the lake which made it not unbearable. Our front porch is such a comfort to me for some reason. I love to read my Bible out there. I guess I can see so much of God's nature around and see so much of the sky. Anyway, that night I sat out there and read my Bible and a Max Lucado book. Just "sweated and sweated". But it was worth it. Luke and Mark had friends at the lake. Ariel was there but no other family - except Vernon came to eat. The others are still in Florida. Tucker started to school today. I went to get the mail and pick him up - he wanted to go to Munch Box and play tennis (since it is still so cool). So he'll come home later. I'm doing housework - better go before I miss the mood. Love y'all! Let me know when you get the package.

Leah said...

So true! Sweet Tea is on my computer desk as I read blogs today. Enjoying the air conditioning today. There is a heat advisory in the Houston Area for the next day or so.
Kids have been cooped up for a month and a half, what with all the rain, then the scorching heat!
So, what's the weather like where you are?