Sunday, August 05, 2007

Almost Home

I heard from Joel. They stopped for the night about 4 hours away. So, he will be home to us again around noon tomorrow...WOOHOO!! Thanks for your continued prayers in regards to that. He is having a blast and loving his job. :)

We had a great day today. For breakfast yesterday we went to the little bakery that we used to go to alot...the one close to our first house here where we met Magali. About a week or so ago Joel and I went with the kids and Magali told us her parents were selling the place to her cousin. Well, yesterday she told us that today was their last day before her cousin took over. So, of course we had to go back today for their last day. It was yummy of course and also great to see Magali and family.

We came back and I just played with the kids for a really long time. I hardly ever get to do that, or let me say that I hardly ever decide to just not cook or do laundry or whatever so that I can do that...since we moved here that is. But, today...that's what we did. We are going to do that more often now. Things have slowed a bit, thank goodness. We colored, played games, played with balloons, etc. It was a great time.

Alright, that's it for today's tales. But, just because I know you like them, here are some pictures for you. Also, remember that anytime you want to make a picture bigger, just click on it.


We are taking care of this house's owner's 2 cats. Most the time they just run in fright with our kids around (esp. Hadley...she gets a little too excited when she sees one and runs after it with all her might, screaming the whole time), but sometimes (very rarely) she is calm and actually gets to see the cat for more than a split second...and sometimes even gets to pet it. Here was one of those rare times.


Hadley telling the cat to look at the camera. :)










Grady giving the neighbors a little show. :)
















Asa's first goldfish.
















Asa getting some direction.
















Bathtime. Remember me saying there are no such things as bathtubs here? This is as close as we have right now and sometimes you just need a soak, although probably better one at a time given the circumstances. :) Such a great picture with Asa peeking in.











Eating breakfast.











Such a big girl these days. But, no...she didn't do that herself (I don't think)...we put her in from what I remember.














And this is the way I feel...I'm so glad Joel's coming home tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Love your blog! Love the pictures!
Love y'all!
Aunt Marilyn

Anonymous said...

These pictures are great. Sleeping children just make you want to hold and hug them. I can hear her talking to the cat. They are all so cute! Love ya!