Tuesday, August 14, 2007

2 for 1

The 2 for 1 thing refers to this being my 2nd post for today. I don't really ever do that, but since I've received several questions about something, I thought I'd just go ahead and post about it.

Yes, my college roommate, nursing school classmate, friend, Stephanie Ann Stephens Verdoorn, IS with child. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! After trying to conceive for 2 years, at least...and (as written on her blog) after one failed clomid cycle, one failed super ovulation, two failed IVF (in vitro fertilization) cycles, and a FET in July '07 (frozen embryo transfer)...PREGNANT!! She and her husband, Jim, just found out at the end of July. She is due March 30th.

She wrote this in a recent email: This little one is truly a
miracle (I think the fact that anyone can conceive is a miracle) since it
was actually conceived in January '07 and frozen for 6 months, defrosted and transferred with a 20% chance of implantation.


So very excited for her. After all that she's gone through to get all preggo, she definitely deserves it. I mean, giving yourself shots?...I don't think so. Right after I found out I was also pregnant, this is what she wrote on her blog.

I just found out that my good friend Michawn (who recently moved to Brazil) is pregnant with #4. She has got to be one of the most fertile people I know. I would hate her if I didn't love her so much. I am excited for her and to know that we will be going through our pregnancies together.

She's a funny girl. Love you Steph. Have a great pregnancy and I look forward to meeting your little one.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah said...

Hey, can you link us to Steph's blog?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the 2 for 1 sale and the Steph update! What AWESOME news and what a blessing! Congrats Stephanie! So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

I don't know Steph- but let me know if she needs some Promise Stages vits. I'll send yours to the new address you gave me today.