Friday, August 10, 2007

More On 4

Alright, so I told you all I would elaborate, so here goes.

On the 7th (was that Tuesday...my days of kids, laundry, cooking, and playing all run together), I woke up to take the ultimate test...oh yes, a pregnancy test. It was a leftover one, from my several mornings of those kinds of tests in the last few years. It was First Response, a good name brand. But, it was also expired...April I think. It came out positive and usually if a test is positive that means you are pregnant, regardless of expiration date. But, of course we had to make sure. Therefore, we went to the store that afternoon and came back to take another test...again positive.

It's very interesting...we have always wanted our kids very close in age. Grady was 4 months old when I became pregnant with Hadley. I wasn't able to nurse successfully with him, therefore we were "back in business" pretty early. I was able to nurse with Hadley and that worked well as birth control for me until we were actually ready to have another. Aunt Flo came when Hadley was 10 months old. I was pregnant the next month.

This time we were actually kind of thinking that we wanted to wait a little longer for the next one. Funny. I had always said that I wanted my kids to be 2 years or less apart. But, we had done 3 kids that way already and just felt like for the next one we would hold out a little longer...maybe let Asa be 2 1/2 or so before the next one was born. Ha ha ha. You just gotta chuckle, right? Anyway, we had always had the "warning" of Aunt Flo to, like I said, let us know we were back in business (I'm still nursing Asa). Well, Aunt Flo never came this time. Obviously I realized this could happen, but still...was hoping it would just happen the way it always has in the past. So, this is our first "surprise" (sort of...again, we can't really be surprised if we weren't preventing, right?).

Kind of cool though...if Aunt Flo would've come, we probably would've gotten on some form of birth control. Apparently God wanted us to have another baby at this point...and He knew that with the return of Aunt Flo, we would've done that. So, He just never let her come. That's the way we are looking at it anyhow. Makes it kind of exciting that God guarded the birth of this baby that way...His purposes prevail.

So, given all of that information (which you might not have cared to know, but remember...I'm known for giving too much information, so you always run a risk reading my blog :) ), I realy don't know when I'm due. The reason I suspected pregnancy though is because I just felt pregnant. I'm pretty in tune with my body. I had symptoms: bouts of nausea, constipation, no appetite, really tired (remember how I talked about how tired I was last weekend when Joel was gone?). I knew that was how I've felt before in the first stages of pregnancy. So, it was test time. Given how I have felt though, yeah...I'm sure I'm in the early stages...where I would be if I had just missed a period. So, I'm assuming this baby is due sometime in April. No actual date, but we all know those are just estimates anyhow.

Not sure what we are going to be doing about prenatal care, the birth of this baby, etc. Midwives are non-existent here, therefore home births are also not done. So, be praying for us in that regard.

We're excited to meet this new little one. Fun, fun stuff.

Don't remember if I've posted this on the blog before or not, but thought I'd do it again even if I have. With beautiful and fun kids like this though, man, who wouldn't be excited about another one?

8 comments:

Leah said...

Congrats again.
You know you can always have an unassisted home birth!

Anonymous said...

They are so beautiful and fun. I sure do miss them. Such beautiful smiles. Just have a safe birth.

Anonymous said...

Loved getting the details about it all! Thanks for explaining! God's plans are always the BEST plans! Beautiful pic of the 3 kids!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Michawn! You definitely make beautiful children!

Anonymous said...

thanks for all the details :) I love em :) I'm so excited for you!!!! we'll be praying about the birth!

Anonymous said...

# 4 baby was planned...by the Lord for his purposes . He just decided not to tell you. He knows you'll love baby dear and that you like surprises.

Anonymous said...

PARABENS !!!!!
We believe with you that everything will go as planned and the right doctor or midwife will be able to assist you.
We miss you and have great memories of your time with us.

Aunt Nilza

js said...

Sooo cool! Just let me know what address your prenatal vits. should be sent to and I'll send them right away. Congrats! It's an awesome blessing.