Saturday, June 30, 2007

Real Quick

Hey, not much time to talk. I'm at Subway and about to lose my battery. I just wanted you all to know that everything is going great around here. We've been busy attending lots of eating meetings...always a good time. I'm being good though...since we are done traveling, we're back to our eating healthy thing. And, I still have 20+ pounds to lose from the last pregnancy. I've lost 2 so far (this past week), so we'll see how it goes. I said that I could have Coke and brigadeiros (a very yummy chocolate ball with chocolate sprinkles...hello!) again when I'm down to a certain weight. I will keep you posted on that one.

Yesterday we had lunch at the seminary where we are going to live...it was the last day of school and they had a little celebration. In Brasil, the school year goes from Feb.-Nov. They have July off and then their summer vacation is Dec. and Jan.

Today, we went to Asas for lunch. They are selling the maintenance shop and therefore are having to let a few people go or put them in early retirement. So, there was a goodbye lunch for them. Yummy stuff.

Tomorrow we are going to church with Steve and Kristin...they are having breakfast at their church. Then we are actually going to Brasilia to celebrate 4th of July at the embassy. Apparently they have a big shindig there, complete with all American foods and fun...and even fireworks. And...the best part for me...lots of people who speak English. :) :)

Like I said, I'm at Subway. I drove over here all by myself. First time driving in Brasil. A little scary, but all is well.

Gotta go now. Running to the grocery store and home to my brood. Later.

No comments: