Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Safe and Sound

Just wanted to let you all know that we are here in Brazil safe and sound. I am using a friend's computer to type this out. Hopefully we will have some internet access of our own soon and will be in touch more often...don't expect alot of correspondence for a while though.

We have now seen all 3 possibilities for our housing here. In the next couple of days we have a lot to do...decide which house to live in, buy everything needed to set up house, go car shopping, etc. Whew...craziness. Keep us in your prayers...we need clarity in all these issues.

Love you guys. The plane trips were great by the way. Thank You, God. The plane leaving NYC was late taking off, so we missed our connection in Sao Paulo, but were able to shuttle over to another airport (a one-hour bus trip) and get another flight arriving in our final destination only 2 hours later than the original scheduled arrival time. The kids did great. We are off to put them all to bed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Number 1 - What is the time difference between here and there? That is always confusing and I have to keep it written down. I've asked poor Jared every day what the difference is between here and New York. I know he must think it is old age! Just confusion. Kiss the kids for us. I'm so thankful the trip was good. They are great kids. Hope their entertainment bags helped some. Hope everything falls into place in God's plan for housing, car, etc. I have had a job offer. I just want to take care of home and be available for Mama and Daddy just as I was for Grandma. But I'm praying about this - praying for wisdom and maybe a bolt of lightening to let me know what God would have me do. Glad everything is okay with y'all. Jared will fly back Saturday to OK. Better go. Kiss the kids a bunch from us. Make sure they know it is from us. I'll talk to the Hough boys on Sat. when we meet Brandy's family about what I need for the computer so we can see each other. Gotta get in bed. Love you all very much. This much!!!

The Brodines said...

so happy to hear that you guys made it safe. you have been in my heart and prayers. blessings to you all. The Lord will lead you guys as He desires as you continue to submit all these issues to Him...He is so faithful!
Proverbs 3:5-6

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the whole family landed safe and sound in Brazil! We'll keep you in our prayers as you guys make the upcoming decisions about where to live, car, etc. Love from us to you all....

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you! We've been praying and were wondering how the trip went. Glad all is well. Hang in there!

Derry