Sunday, June 24, 2007

Wonderful Day at the Lake

Oh that God. He's so good. I left the most wonderful place on earth in May...the Saline lake. Today he gave me a taste of a great lake again.

We were invited by a few friends to go to their church today. In Brazil they have the equivalent to Sunday School or Church Training on Sunday mornings and the big church service is on Sunday nights. Today our friends' church had their gathering out of the city at a church member's house (his super, super nice house...his 2nd home). After the meeting, it was picnic time. For all of you southerners, dinner on the grounds. We all brought our own picnic. I thought we'd all just eat our own food, but then when it came time to eat, everyone laid out their picnic stuff on some long tables and we all shared our food. That was a super great deal for us. :) Poor things, all they got from us were BLTs...all we had in the house. :) But, they didn't seem to mind.

It was so much fun. We got to meet alot of people. I'm making lots of friends, despite the fact that there is truly a language barrier, obviously. But, most people know just enough English and I know just enough Portuguese to get our points across. And, Brazilians just know how to have fun...so lots of times we are just meeting each other and then joking around about something. They are such great people.

This awesome house had a private lake. The lake had a great floating dock, 3 diving boards of varying heights (all really high though), and a huge water slide. So fun. Grady and Hadley got in a bit, but we didn't. It was great fun just watching though and talking and laughing with everyone.

Again, pictures of all of that soon. I better go. We are going to that church tonight, so I need to go get ready.

One more thing...I just talked to Mama and Tucker on their home phone using Skype. It was great to talk to them. I can actually use Skype to call telephones too for really pretty cheap, so if you don't have computer capabilities to use your computer to talk to me with Skype and would like me to call you, let me know.

No comments: