Saturday, November 03, 2007

"Nosebleeds, Where Are You?"


Funny the things you say when you are pregnant.

With all of my pregnancies, I have had nosebleeds. People who haven't had nosebleeds with their pregnancies don't necessarily know that those are common since they've never had to google "nosebleeds during pregnancy" with a tissue stuck up their nose. :) But, they are common, and I always have them...at least 3-4 with each pregnancy.

Well, up until last week, no bleeding nose for me. But, thankfully last week it appeared. Again, funny. When else would I be happy about a nosebleed? But, when you are used to that being "the norm" for you, when it isn't happening, you start to wonder if all is well.

So, only one nosebleed for me, but that's O.K. At least I had one. :)

All seems to be going well. I am 20 weeks today...halfway there. We have yet to go to the doctor except that one visit when I was 13 weeks. It's hard to get an appt. scheduled actually. Obviously that is something that I would be in charge of in the states. But, here...Joel has to do it. He is at the hangar all day. Even when he is off for lunch, the dr.'s office people are too. He has to try to call during work or class at the hangar, which isn't always possible. He was finally able to do it this week...they were supposed to call him back and never did. So, all of that to say...we haven't made it back to the dr. Hopefully this week we will be able to schedule an appt.

The baby seems to be growing just fine. I have a VERY HEALTHY appetite to say the least. Actually, I'm not eating as much as with previous pregnancies, just because there's not as much to eat...no Macayo's or Papacita's or Olive Garden...you get my point. But, growth seems to be fine. At this point, I've gained about 9 pounds. Less than with the others at this stage, but then again, I started out about 10 pounds over this time...so right on track for my usual end-of-pregnancy weight. :)

I started feeling the baby around 13 or 14 weeks probably. Not consistently, but sometimes. Well, not only am I feeling it consistently now, in the past 2 weeks this baby has started the whole "let's try to punch our way through" thing. So, I can put my hand on my belly and feel the baby kicking...so fun. Amazing...I've been doing this non-stop for practically 4 1/2 years, but it never ceases to amaze me, the movements of the baby, the feeling of the baby kick on your hand, etc. Very, very cool.

Anyway, just a little update on pregnancy stuff. Someone told me I needed to talk more about that...it's true...haven't said that much about it. I will keep you posted on that subject though. I'll let you know about the doctor's appt. when it finally does happen. :)

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the update and the picture. You look great!!

Leah said...

I love that feeling too! Now I'm getting to the "Hey, I'd like to stretch out in here if you don't mind," stage.
Little Sofia is a stretcher. I'm sure I'll never be able to swaddle her with her feet tucked up tight!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see a picture of you and hear about your pregnancy. I never had nosebleeds and never knew anyone that did - so I didn't know it was normal. I gave a baby blanket to Darren and Carolyn Davis that was made for swaddling. It was the neatest thing I have ever seen. It would wrap like Grandma Liles had done it. Carolyn had an 8# 5 oz. girl this past Tuesday. Addison Claire - such a cute name. They are so excited. It took them a long time. Talk to you later.

js said...

I get those darn nose bleeds too. You look great!

The Brodines said...

You are looking great Michawn!!!! You go girl :)