Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Airplanes and Elephants

I asked Grady what we did yesterday and that was his reply..."airplanes and elephants." It's true. I had a midwife appointment in Tyler yesterday afternoon, so we went yesterday morning to Tyler and hung out at the zoo all day with the kids...SO FUN!! Then, when we got back to Longview last night we went out to the airport so Joel could meet with a guy about renting his airplane. So, we saw airplanes too. Wanted to share some pictures from our day. But, first...

A little update: Joel did find someone to rent an airplane from, and for half the cost of renting the plane in Dallas. It's perfect. Also, my midwife appointment was great. We heard the baby's heartbeat for the 2nd time and everything is A-OK.

Now, for the pictures...get ready for a lot...

We took glasses for the kids. I put them on them on our way over to Tyler...very cute. Grady wore his for a while esp. since me and Joel wear them...he even put them on top of his head like we do. But, Hadley just wasn't into it. I don't know if you'll be able to see her eyes in the picture, but they are really funny.
Me, Grady, and the rhino. Yes, I now have bangs and we gave Grady a haircut. In the next few days as I send out pictures of our time in Dallas, you will see just how much hair we cut. I am also now totally showing. Fun stuff.
Joel got in on a rhino shot too...this rhino was giving us a better view, standing.
Joel, Grady, and the giraffes.
I haven't been to a huge amount of zoos in my life, but I love this zoo. Where their cafe is, there are decks where you sit to eat...the decks overlook the elephants, giraffes, zebras, and several other animals. It is really nice.
More of the eating place with a giraffe walking by.
Joel and the kids with the giraffes in the background.
Joel, Hadley, and the big lazy lion. All of the animals were pretty lethargic. One little kid suggested we come back at night, because, they are in fact nocturnal. Well, I'm the expert on many things (I'm so kidding...that phrase is said with much sarcasm)...I don't know...I'm sure some of those animals are nocturnal. But, anyhow...they were all pretty relaxed...maybe just bored.
Hadley getting some sniffing from a friendly goat in the petting zoo.
Hadley giving some sweet petting.
Grady in the petting zoo.
Hadley always seemed to be trying to talk to them...tilting her head and jabbering in a sweet voice.
The worker in the petting zoo had pulled up a block of wood to sit on. So, when Grady got done petting the goats, he pulled a block of wood up for himself and sat down by the zoo worker. It was cute.
More of Hadley in the petting zoo...more talking. :)
There was a play area for the kids. Here, Hadley had just taken a bite of sand. She was so generously offering me some in this picture.
Oh, the many things you can do with sand.
Close-up of Hadley.
Grady in the sand.
Another close-up of Hadley...I just liked this one too.
They had so much fun playing in the sand.
The family after a full, fun day...notice how Hadley had already given out. :)

No comments: