Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Just Some Fun

Of course I have birth on the mind alot these days. I have about 7 1/2 more weeks to go 'til this birth. Plus, I've been reading a friend's birth stories on her blog. Very interesting. They have inspired me to do the same. I've talked about birth-related issues some, but never actually posted my full experiences. So, I'm going to be doing that for the next week or so. Plus, they are already written out...will give me more time around here to get ready for that upcoming birth in the near future. Lots to do...lots to organize and get in place. Nesting is upon me.

I just wanted to give you that heads-up. Some find it completely strange that anyone would ever share their "private" birth experience, much less read someone else's. I personally don't think it's any big deal at all. I could care less who reads my birth stories. It happens to be a pretty natural part of life. I guess for some there are modesty issues, but please...if someone is caused to stumble watching someone give birth or hearing a birth story, I think they are a little off the edge in the first place. Just my opinion.

So, if you are one of those people who just don't want to hear it, you might want to steer clear of my blog for the next 7 or 8 days.

But, today...here are some fun pictures we took one night before bed. Our kids are so dadgum goofy. They crack us up. For instance, this morning Grady and Hadley were outside playing. Grady was performing his specialty slapstick probably. Hadley was laughing at him and then they would both laugh. Then Hadley says in this little sing-song voice, "You think you're so-o-o-o funny" and then commenced to laughing hysterically. Apparently he is. Anyway, just so cute to hear...totally funny, too, to hear them saying the things we say.

Anyway, here are the pictures taken that night. Some fun stuff.

First, a sweet picture of daddy and cuddly Eissa after a nap.












And now, just for kicks, a couple of similar images from about 15 months ago. The little blob on the bed on the right is Eissa...just a few days old.
They were very serious about their work that night...no goofing off.
Then, again last week, this was the day after they saw the pediatrician. Hadley was an expert in what to do with her medical kit then.
Writing a prescription.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy! When you say it like 7 1/2 weeks it sounds really close! I better get all this birthing stuff in the mail tomorrow!!! Your kids are just too much fun for me to be missing it. I love silly stuff. Eissa is getting so pretty. Her hair is getting so long and her personality is showing in her pictures. Growing up to make room for a new baby - that's what Granny Day would always say when a baby would start doing smart things. I bet Grady is a comedian. He's got two little girls to laugh at all his jokes and moves. I don't know if you remember this but when I hit that deer close to Mitsy's house you and Jared were playing in the front seat. There were no seat belt laws then - I'm not sure we even had seat belts then. We had bout a bag of Hershey's kisses. One of you would say "Give me a kiss" in a silly, sweet voice and y'all would tumble around on the seat like you were trying to get a kiss. I know that would probably sicken you both now. :) That deer hit us and you both popped up out of that seat like you had been shot. You were both pretty silly at times too. Thanks for the pictures. Oh, the doctor looks so professional in her Cinderella dress.
Love,
Mama

Anonymous said...

bought

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the pictures.
It has only been 12 years that we came home from the mission field and do you know how we got pictures of the children to family? We would shoot a film and mail it to USA to have processed and have the firm send the pictures to Grandma Martin. Film was too expensive to develop in Brazil, and the family got to see the growing children.
Now it is so easy.
Thanks again for the pictures.
Ken