Tuesday, January 22, 2008

First Family Vacation - Part 2

I set the pictures to the large size yesterday, but don't really think it worked out too well with the captions. So, they will be the medium size from now on as usual. If you want to see a larger image, as always you can just click on the picture.


The kids playing before breakfast on Wednesday morning.



This is my "I can't believe I'm holding Hershey's syrup in my hand" face. This is what Joel's parents sent to me. OH MY GOSH!!!! To say that I was excited is quite an understatement. We can't get Hershey's syrup here. I've tried making my own chocolate syrup, but it's just not even almost the same. Let me say again...OH MY GOSH!!!! This was my first glass of chocolate milk since June (the first that tasted good that is). Unfortunately I drank it ALL (yes, the whole bottle) while we were on vacation. But, it was so yummy and just made vacation that much more spectacular. Thanks Mr. Ken and Mrs. Pam!!
:-)
Eissa (and the others in the following pictures) with the chocolate milk that they love. Good thing, cuz Mama ain't sharing. ;-)
This was a picture taken in hopes of making his brothers and sisters jealous. ;-) Hee hee hee. Of course in a playful sort of way.
Yummy...egg sandwiches, oatmeal, and Toddynho. :-)
Playing with Hadley's new pots and pans. Hadley seemed to think the cheese slicer was a razor though. :-) Funny.
Pastor Jefferson, Carmen, and their 2 kids (the ones still at home), Bia and Pedro, came over and spent the day with us on Wednesday. It was alot of fun. Before we hit the pools though, we had to go to the playground.




Pastor Jefferson and Carmen playing. :-) Cute.

Grady climbed up on this and pretended it was a horse.
Hadley enjoying the zipline there.
Eissa's turn.
Pastor Jefferson giving Eissa a ride.
Time for the pool.
This just looks so grown up to us...holding her hair up for Daddy to put sunscreen on.
Look at that pretty little girl in her swimsuit. Thanks Graves family!! I'm sure you recognize lots of clothes in our pictures. :-)

A few pictures of the afternoon full of swimming with the Carmo's.




So proud of herself for wearing Daddy's shoes...she had them both on, but of course by the time I got the camera she was down to one. :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun that you got the gift of Hershey's from your 'in-loves'! So sweet of them! Looks like fun times at the playground and pool! Looks relaxing! Hope you get to go back there soon! :)

Amanda said...

So, again I am jealous of what I'm seeing. What an awesome vacation you guys had and so much fun in the Sun! Although, I am happy for the reprieve of having cold weather here. My hormones have got me hotter than I ever could have imagined during this pregnancy.

I also wanted to say, thanks for the awesome encouragement about this new task God has laid before us. The great part about you saying Johan is made for this stuff, is that you know him. We had another good friend say he was made for inner city ministry several times to him before we ever had this vision. I have always seen it too. He's just not the "norm" type of youth pastor-y kind of guy. But man I love that about him. He really has a passion for loving kids (not in the church) that need love. Always has. And, God really has he and I both in the same place when it comes to seeing people more like He sees them, and actually caring about it. So, I'm excited...scared too. Lots of stuff I've never done or imagined myself doing will be in our future. To answer your question from that post, no, I don't speak Spanish. Been thinking about that and talked to Johan about it. He said the Hispanic people we'll live around would probably be tickled for me to care about trying to speak their language, to not worry about the learning process...that it would make them happy. He said it was that way in Panama. Sounds good to me!

Anyway, he and I both were thrilled by your encouraging words!

Leah said...

I totally know the whole chocolate milk thing. Ronnie has been at the store for milk every other day!
Such a cute swim suit on Eissa!

Anonymous said...

Michawn,
What happened to the little index of blogs on the right side where I could click on one and look at only that one? And print only that one? Great vacation pictures! Those kids are so cute!! Grady has the cutest expressions when he is looking at Hadley. Like when she is shaving and he looks as though he is trying to figure out what she is doing. So cute.

Anonymous said...

Never mind. All afternoon and just then the index didn't come up. Then I commented and went back and there it was. Magic!