Saturday, January 12, 2008

30 Weeks

Remember this...I was 20 weeks along here.
And here I am today, at 30 weeks. Hmm, a little "fuller" I'd say.

Yep, 3/4 of the way there. Only 10 more weeks. That's 2 1/2 months. That's 70 more days. And really, technically, since 37 weeks is considered full term and healthy, and since I do have such big healthy babies, I'm sure ours would be fine at 37 weeks, it could be that I only have 7 more weeks. :-) But, yeah...you can probably bet money that I'll be going the full 40 weeks. Grady was a full 2 weeks late, Hadley was my early bird but came only 2 days early, and Eissa was 4 days late. Truly, I'm totally fine with that and actually love that I go the full 40 weeks...even though it does get pretty uncomfortable at the end.

Things are going well. I already have 8 meals in the freezer for after the birth. I wouldn't say I've started nesting just yet, but I can feel it coming on. I feel fine, but just uncomfortable at the end of the day. It is no longer easy to get down on the floor and then get back up. That's a bummer. It will be nice to have baby out, be fully recovered, and be on my way to skinny again. I don't plan on being with child again until AFTER I get back to skinny.

I'd say from the pictures I've definitely gained a little weight, right? :0 I've put on 26 pounds total...not bad really. I think this is the best I've done as far as weight gain with a pregnancy. At this point with Grady, I had already gained 38 pounds. Hee hee. I did better than that with the girls, but still...think this is the best so far. May have something to do with the lack of Mexican restaurants and Baskin Robbins around here. :-)

Interesting note about being here in Brasil: There is currently a few cases of yellow fever in the land. A couple of people have died and they are just warning everyone that they need to be careful and of course have their yellow fever shots. We all went to get shots (including the yellow fever one) in July, but I couldn't tell them for sure that I wasn't pregnant. I thought it ridiculous at the time...I just KNEW I wasn't pregnant for heaven's sake. But, Joel said no, I wasn't going to get it. Well, good thing I didn't. I was, after all, pregnant...surprise!! So anyhoo...I am not covered with the shot. So, you know...it's not something that causes me great fear or anything, but just something to keep in mind when you are praying for protection for us. These darn mosquitoes or every-stinkin'-where, esp. at night (while I'm sleeping defenselessly). I turn our fan directly on me and get completely under the covers...that usually prevents bites. Sometimes I even put repellent on. But, yeah...I don't really want yellow fever.

We ordered a nice inflatable birthing pool and it will be getting here within the next month. My midwife from Texas is sending her "special box" that we had to purchase when we had Eissa and my mom is going to send a few other things down for us, so we should be adequately supplied. We are just trying to get all our ducks in a row around here. Things are going well.

Alright, just wanted to do a little preggo update. It's coming quickly. Exciting!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

GIRL...you look so awesome pregnant!!! Good job on the lowest weight gain out of all your pregnancies! That's awesome! :) Can't believe you are so close to meeting your new baby! I will be praying for you and the upcoming birth! Any feelings or thoughts about the baby being a boy or a girl!?! I'm so curious!

Stephanie said...

I love the side by side comparison. YOu look great by the way. I wouldn't have ever guess you had even gained 20 pounds. Thanks for the preg update. I love reading about your pregnancy and I'm so excited for you and Joel.

Amanda said...

You do look smaller than the other pregnancies! Very good job, though you would say it's just because there's no take-out food! My pregnancy is different this time in that I only gained 2 lbs. during the last month! I seem to have stopped gaining rapidly, like usual. So unbelievable, but I was overweight to begin with, so it's not really very different in numbers from the other times. Even though my belly is not as pronounced as usual, I have the same poofy face, arms, butt, hips, and legs. Did I leave anything out? It always go down afterwards, especially after I'm done nursing, but I don't love the poofiness. Oh, and I would never have thought of freezing meals. What a great idea that I will be using! I've been nesting like crazy, which is actually the first time I've experienced it. Hmmm...So this is what it's like...actually getting things done and prepared ahead of time.

Leah said...

Hey, I've been doing some homeopathic studying on my own. There is a remedy that helps ward off mosquitos.
You could probably take it when you feel most vulnerable (like before you go to bed). It's called Staphysagria. I think that's how it's spelled.
I got a great deal of information online at www.homeopathyworld.com

You look adorable! And "as if" you aren't already skinny! Shut up!

kris said...

you look great!

Anonymous said...

Do you still need the WW stuff you lost in the move? I'm not using my WW paper work so let me know if you want me to mail it to you?

The Brodines said...

Oh Michawn...you look so good! You look great! So cute!!! Happy to hear you and baby are doing well! and am pretty impressed that you already have 8 frozen meals...how do you do that?? Do you have recipes you can share?? let me know. I am thinking about starting to make some meals myself for when the baby comes. I am just not sure about which foods freeze well and which don't. Give me some ideas when you get a chance. love ya!

js said...

You look amazing! Love the photos. That's super cool. Do you still need Stage 3 and DHA vitamins? Do we need to send you some more?

Anonymous said...

you loook beautiful. i love you and miss you. by the way, me and my handsome hubby are trying to start a family. yeah

love carrie may