Sunday, January 27, 2008

First Family Vacation - Part 5

These next few pictures most of you might not care a flip about. But, I wanted to give you a glimpse of what the place looked like...the apartment where we stayed. Plus, for those of you who might be planning to visit us before we leave this area, we would love to take you here and this is where we'd most likely be staying. Fun stuff. This is as you walk in the front door.
The kitchen to the right...and a little washroom straight through the kitchen.
Standing in the living room, looking straight into our room...the kids' room through the door to the left and their bathroom to the right.
Our bedroom.
Our bathroom area.
Aren't these cool bunkbeds? This might be the next design we go with as far as bunk beds go (I'm sure we'll need more bunk beds in the future). It sleeps 4...the bottom bunk has a trundle under it.
The kids' bathroom.
The living room area, taken from the bedroom area. The bottom of the couch also pulls out with a bed.
Immediately up the stairs (which we never even used) is this couch and pull-out bed to your left.
There is this full-size mattress directly ahead.
And this bedroom to the right.
The upstairs bathroom. That's it for the apartment tour. :-)
Not long after we left Caldas Novas.
We had to stop in Goiania to get diapers on the way back, so we of course thought it appropriate that we end our vacation with a bang...a stop by Pizza Hut. The kids thought this a fabulous idea too, esp. since they have a playground area there...nice!
This guy, whose little boy was also playing, seemed to kind of "adopt" Eissa...helping her and making sure she sat down before she plunged down the slide (she forgets that part sometimes).
Mmmm, pizza again...American style.
Some sibling affection on the slide.
Back home again. This was the morning after we got home. Hadley was very glad to be back to her princess dress. My favorite part was the shoes she chose to go with it that day though.

As you can see, we had a super great vacation. It was so fun and just perfect. At first I wasn't really thinking it was going to be much like the "vacation" I am used to. And, yes, it was quite a bit different on many levels...it was a vacation taken in Brasil after all...and with our 3 children (literally, the equivalent, in some ways, of taking your work with you on vacation). But, it was great...and a joy to "have our work with us." :-) It was a break in the routine of life, a fun time at the pool, we didn't have to do laundry or clean much, it was a chance to just have some great quality time with our kiddos with nothing else competing for our time, etc. Super duper fun, blessed time. We are very thankful for the opportunity to do it, that's for sure.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michawn,
I'm so glad you have such great pictures of your vacation. I said in your's and Jared's presence one time that we waited until y'all were 13 and 10 before we went to DisneyWorld so you would remember it. You both spoke up and told whoever it was that you didn't remember it anyway. So sad for me!!! Anyway, I remember it and I loved it. I thought sure you would remember dancing with Mickey or Goofy or whoever it was at the Luah. Well, maybe I can't even remember who it was. Looked like a great apartment to stay in. Glad you had such a great trip and got to enjoy your kids in a different environment.
Love,
Mama

Michawn said...

:-)

I remember some things about Disney World...just not a whole lot.

Michawn said...

P.S. Disney World was a great vacation. I do remember that we had fun, even though I don't remember a lot of the details.

Also, I think having pictures to look at really helps us to remember. So, hopefully our kids will remember even this vacation...even if only through looking at the pictures and hearing stories about it.

Anonymous said...

I forgot this earlier. I love that someone is always sitting on Grady. That is so cute to me. Some of the cousins were always sitting on Jared and even Tucker that way. They all look so patient as though they were supposed to be a chair.
Love,
Mama

Anonymous said...

Also, those Barney boots have been around. Never knew they would look so good with a Cinderella dress. She is such a beauty! She could pull anything off.

Anonymous said...

First have to say loved seeing Princess Hadley! :) So fun to see her in her dress up stuff! Way to cute! Since AG is only 15 months we haven't gotten to all that princess stuff but it does seem like all little girls love that stuff at some point! I think it would be a great teaching moment about how they are a daughter of the King...they are God's princess! :)

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say the rest of what I was thinking! I loved seeing the pics of the apartment! Thanks for including the pics! Who know maybe one day we'll find a way to visit! I love the pics of your vacation! I think vacations build fun family memories! I may not remember the specifics of each of the vacations I went on with my family as a kid but, I do remember time with my parents and sisters and remember vacactions being GREAT! From your post and pics I realize that vacations are universal...time with family, making fun memories, swimming, eating, playing, carnivals, etc! Its the same no matter where you are! :)

Anonymous said...

One more thing....looks like a great place to stay at! So cool! I loved the bunk beds too! You guys should build those bunk beds "if you build them they will come" HaHa! :) Great design!