Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Toys


Toys are nice...as long as you don't have too many and they aren't too stupid. They have some really stupid toys out there these days.

But, my FAVORITE toys ever are the wooden toys. I L-O-V-E wooden toys. If it were up to me, all our toys would be wooden.

I just ran across a great website: www.finewoodentoys.com. There are many other similar sites as well...just google wooden toys. But, these are the things I love (and the kids do too). I love that they are educational, provide plenty of imaginative play, are so dang sturdy, and, what do you know, are many times even less expensive than the plastic sort. LOVE them.

So, you know, if you are thinking you might want to get the kids something for say, Christmas or something...yeah...now you know where to look. ;) Although, these days they happen to be completely content with a tree growing outside that didn't cost a thing. :) I guess that doesn't work for rainy days though, now does it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love wooden toys too! Guess what I saw at Target this week? Fun old school toys all packaged up for Christmas! Like Lincoln Logs and Tinker Toys and the Fisher Price Teaching Clock and oodles of other old school toys! Just wondering...do you and Joel have a certain way to keep Christmas simple yet joyful in the gift department? My Mom's group leader gives each of her 4 kids 3 gifts at christmas (she bases this off of the wise men bringing 3 gift). I thought it was a cool idea and wondered what you did as far as Christmas?

Michawn said...

yeah, we do that too...the whole 3 gift thing. but, that doesn't include stocking stuffers...we still give them stuff in there, but they are tiny little toys (if toys at all) and food (apple, orange, etc.) of course they still get gifts from other people too, but we try to majorly keep it simple. not that we wouldn't do that anyway...we would...but we've HAD to in the past because of all the moves and such. it's so nice not to be bogged down with stuff. my house still doesn't look like yours though...still in envy of the immaculate elam home. ;) seriously.