Monday, October 15, 2007

Amazing Swimming

So, I've always thought of swimming lessons as something that was for "city folk." I'm like, I never took swimming lessons and I can swim great. But, I also lived near a lake and had many family members who taught me how to swim. One of those uncles actually did teach swimming lessons at camps (or something similar...not really sure of the actual details). His daughter, my cousin, could swim like a fish by the age of 2 or something crazy like that.

Well, they actually do offer swimming lessons here. Our friends take their daughter, 16 months. Now, I don't know when we are going to be able to carve out time to go to swimming lessons, but I would love to try to squeeze that in. I would love for my kids to be able to swim, but even moreso be able to not drown if they found themselves in water unexpectedly.

You have probably all already seen this. I've been emailed this several times now, but I wanted to share it. It's pretty impressive.

Time to just sit down and blog is not that plentiful these days, but soon I will sit down and post more than just a video or link. :) Now, go be impressed...

http://www.childdrowningprevention.com/index.html

2 comments:

Amber said...

That was REALLY hard to watch! I wanted to cry and laugh at the same time! Thank you for sharing that with us! It pays to be sake:)

Unknown said...

Yeah, I saw that and even though its amazing..do you think its a little troubling too that they left a baby in water that long?!?! Definitely messes with your emotions!