My brother sent me this a few days ago. It is SO true. Since I seem to be on a roll with describing the "culture" of where we are now, thought this would fit right in and that you might enjoy.
You are from Louisiana if:
1. You can properly pronounce Lafayette, Bossier, Natchitoches, Opelousas, Shongaloo, Pontchartrain, Ouachita, and you know that New Orleans doesn't have a long "e" sound anywhere in it.
2. You think people who complain about the heat in their states are sissies.
3. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go out in the yard and look for a funnel.
4. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door, but by the availability of shade.
5. Stores don't have bags, they have sacks.
6. You've seen people wear bib overalls at funerals. (Just Recently)
7. You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.
8. You measure distance in minutes.
9. Little Smokies are something you serve only for special occasions.
10. You go to the lake because you think it is like going to the ocean.
11. You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit.
12. You know cowpies are not made of beef.
13. Someone you know has used a football schedule or hunting season guide to plan their wedding date.
14. You have known someone who has a belt buckle bigger than your fist.
15. You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, beer, and bait all in the same store.
16. A Mercedes Benz isn't a status symbol. A Chevy Silverado Extended Bed Crew Cab Truck is.
17. You know everything goes better with 'Ranch'.
18. You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned how to multiply.
19. You actually get these jokes and are "fixin" to send them to your friends.
20. Finally, you are 100% Louisianian if you have ever had this conversation:
"You want a coke?"