Thursday, December 07, 2006

Just An Update

We are doing well. I think I may have mentioned this before, but I feel like my life is just a neverending packing/unpacking session these days...since February that is. I know it is short-term. But, in actuality, I haven't been able to totally unpack and settle into a place the whole time we've been married since we have moved every year...and since, even before that year was up, we always knew that place was a temporary place. When will it be permanent (not permanent as in forever, but permanent enough to unpack all of our stuff)?

Crazy thing is that I wonder if I'll totally be bored out of my gourd if I do stay in one place for longer than a year. :) I doubt it really...esp. with 3 kids now...really, how could I ever be bored? There will be plenty to do.

Another crazy thing is that according to the plan, when we do get to Brazil we will only be living in our first destination for...you guessed it...a year. :) Maybe after that we will live somewhere longer.

In other news, the kids are doing great. We have really been in the training mode a lot now...training and punishing. Thankfully after really being diligent in expecting first-time obedience, the punishing part is decreasing. It's really been hard with all of that while we were on the move. Now that we will be here for the next 3-5 months or so (that's our estimate), hopefully we can be a little more consistent. Even then, depending on where we are (after all, we aren't at our house 24/7), it is still hard to be completely consistent and hold to the same standard and practices when we are out and about.

They are so sweet though. The other day Joel took Grady and Hadley for a walk. They sat on the dock for a while, practicing being really quiet and listening to the birds. Grady decided he wanted to go running, so he took off. Hadley took off after him. Grady saw that she was following him, so he stopped running, went back to her, and held her hand while they walked together along the lake. So sweet.

Asa is doing very well too. She is a super cute chunk. She is now 12 pounds, still has lots of dark hair, and smiles all the time. She talks alot too. She's always smiled and has been cooing since she was 3 weeks old. But, she is beginning to be more and more responsive. I think it's not too much longer 'til she starts laughing out loud. Really fun.

As I type this, Hadley is already taking her nap. She fell asleep early today. Asa is sleeping too. So, it's just me and Grady...he is eating his lunch and talking to me. Can't imagine just having him...but, it sure is quiet and peaceful right now. :) It's crazy what a difference it is with just 2 of them...the other day I just had Hadley and Asa. What a difference. Two toddlers will keep you busy, that's for sure.

Welp, speaking of busy, I'd better get that way in the kitchen. Until another day...


Grady and Hadley with their cousins, Kiley (next to Grady, age 3 1/2) and Skylar (2). They live here in Saline and also go to the same church we do, so they see each other a lot. Hadley and Skylar are in the nursery together and Grady and Kiley are in the same class on Sundays and Wednesday nights. Fun stuff.



The sisters.



Happily playing.



What is that Hadley doing?



Smiling Asa Rose.

No comments: