Friday, August 29, 2008
Several Little Coisas
1. I never updated on Joel's back I don't think, but obviously it is totally and completely fine now. Thank you so much for praying for him (back in June or July...whenever that was). :)
2. Thank you for your prayers about our washer too. :) Seriously, it was healed. :) Ha ha. Shortly after I complained, um, I mean asked for prayer, online, it went from a 3-hour cycle to a 2-hour cycle without any explanation at all. Since then, for whatever reason (God feeling sorry for me maybe?), it has gotten even quicker. I haven't timed it, but let's just say it's probably less than 2 hours...and I was even fine with it being 2 hours (seemed really quick compared to what it was before). So, for real...thanks for your prayers.
3. Some of you had asked about the collage at the top. We have Photoshop. So, what I do is just go in there and make a card with a Photoshop template and save it as a JPEG. Then, I add it onto the blogger site as my header. Got it? Anymore questions, just let me know.
4. We were finally able to get Eissa on a 1-nap-a-day schedule. Seriously, not that I minded it, but she just needed 2 naps for so much longer than the other 2 did. But, now she is only taking 1 and doing great.
5. Cass is also lining up with our eating times (still no food for her though) and naptimes continue to go well. She remains the absolute perfect baby, I'm not kidding.
6. We had a rough day yesterday. Actually, it was a good day except one part. We traveled to Brasilia (the capitol...like D.C.) to get Cass an American birth certificate and passport (therefore, make her American also...she is only Brazilian so far). We scheduled other things that we had to do in that city for yesterday too, so thankfully it wasn't a totally wasted trip. Yes, that's right...we weren't able to go into the embassy. Joel called about 4 weeks ago to schedule this appointment. Talked to the lady at length about the documents he needed, the time and date of the appointment, etc. When we got there...no record of any appointment. WHAT?!?!?!? So, we'll have to go back another day. Over 2 hour trip (one way). Oh well.
7. I've had a pretty rough few days actually. Things are going well, but the grace for moving constantly and not having a place for all of our things (all storage things that we have are not ours...borrowed from the owners of this house, so we have to conform to what they have and where they have it; also, I've put some of our things up on the walls, but not much and only where they already had nails...see what I mean?) is getting OLD!!!!!!! I can't stress that enough. I mean, the grace is GONE!! Funny thing how when something is coming to a close, the grace for it just can't be found. Obviously, it will be found if it's still needed, but with every other season of my life, when something was coming to a close, this is what it felt like. I've truly been really fine with all our other moves and temporary stays at different places before now, but we'll see how it all plays out. Just pray for me...for patience, for wisdom in what can be done, for a house (still have 2-3 temporary living situations before even a glimpse of a permanent situation is possible), for permanence to come soon. I'm weary. By the end of this year, we will have moved 11 times in our 7 1/2 years of marriage...most of the moves with children (so very difficult). Like I said...getting old.
Anyway, cute picture up top, right? Sorry...no time for more today. We are gradually working on re-vamping our website though and will be actually putting our pictures on there again. I'll let you know when it's ready. Until then, enjoy this one and have a great weekend!!