Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hadley Photo Shoot +

Things are going well here...just super busy as usual. I have become HORRIBLE at emailing, just in case you are wondering why you never hear from me in that way. I have SO MUCH to blog about...nothing super important or major, just the everyday fun things. But, I just simply have no time to do it all. So, I will just do what I can as I can. Gone are the days of a daily blog post from me. Bummer...I really do have so much to share. :)

The homeschooling thing is going well. We did it 4 days that first week. Then we had a holiday last week. It was called "Daddy's out of town so we are taking the week off"...do any of you ever have that holiday? :) This week we are focusing on the letter B. One day this week we had Beans for lunch and Banana Blitzes for snack...and did other B things. Another day we ate lunch on a Blanket and played Ball and other B games (pictures of that another day...really cool picnic we had). Today is Book day...we are going to curl up on the couch and read, read, read. Fun. I'm looking forward to just reading with my kiddos.

Anyhoo, more chatter later. Here are just a few pics of the kiddos. One night after showers, Hadley wanted braids to sleep in. So, we had a little photo session.

Her default pose.
We think it's because of this pose Gillian made. :) Cute.













And so as not to completely leave out the wee one, this is her new favorite thing to do. You know how she adores sucking on her thumb? Yeah...she does the same thing with her big toe sometimes. It's quite the cute show...really funny the first time we saw it.
Can we say fetal position? :) Although she can still assume the position, I'm so very glad she's not still in the womb. I'm really enjoying NOT being pregnant for a while, you know? :) What a fun girl!

13 comments:

Wendy said...

I bet this was her position in the womb!!! So funny!

Chris said...

I noticed that Cass has a disposable diaper on. Are you still doing the cloth diaper thing? She's quite flexible yet :) Congrats on the car too!!
~Chris

js said...

You seriously make the most beautiful kids!

Amanda said...

Hadley is so pretty. All of your kids are beautiful! Love the toe poses. We laughed pretty hard the first time we saw Carys do that, but she didn't keep doing...just a time or two, that's all that we know of. I'm proud of you for what you are doing with homeschooling. I am finding myself very frustrated about lots of things I'm trying to do right now, and there are tons of reasons. It's always been hard for me to be a flexible person. Johan is back at work this week, and my life feels upside down. No more lunch at home with Daddy, or outings with Daddy, or seeing Daddy as much. We are all sad about it, I think, but the boys don't know that's why they feel strange. It's been a tough week. At any rate, we are going to start out "school" in a week or two, since I can't get things together. This week we did out Bible study time everyday, which was one really great habit to start. We're plugging along!

Anonymous said...

Hadley looks so much like you!

Michawn said...

Chris, we are still doing cloth. I'm just in the middle of bleaching the inserts right now (do that from time to time), so that's why the disposable.

AUNY said...

So cute!!!

Anonymous said...

love the new family photos!!! you and joel have some beautiful little girls and one handsome boy.

take care,
Carolyn Davis

Amanda said...

I love the main grouping of pictures you guys took! They are so sweet and you all look so good. You have to tell me how to do that collage thing someday.

Deborah Granick said...

hey there! I wasnt sure which blog to comment back on :)

So exciting about you going vegan, we went vegan in july and and now we are headed in the direction of becomming 100 percent raw foodist.

I live in Portland and I dont know many christian vegan or raw foodist. Most people that are are really new age so I am really excited to meet you!

I guess I mostly blog for me, I didnt really think many people read it, but I will for sure post recipe's now :) Its so great to meet you!

DyessFam said...

MMmmmmmm.... toes! Yep, I second wanting to know how to do a collage. I can't figure it out and I've looked for a ready made one to just plug in to my background format to no avail!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics of Hadley and her cute braids! Also love the new blog header pics of your family! Who took the pics? They turned out great! Loved seeing them!

~ Ali

Anonymous said...

I want a new Michawn post...when time permits! Of course, if time with God, homeschooling, raising 4 kids, ministry, exercise, healthy eating, and time with your husband come first then I understand!

~ Ali